overall

RATINGS: 595   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
This is our interpretation of Gose (pronounced “Gose-uh”), a traditional German-style sour wheat beer brewed with coriander and salt. Once nearly extinct, this very refreshing style is making a comeback.

tdmuel's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tdmuel (251) - South Carolina, USA - AUG 7, 2013
Pours a super cloudy straw yellow with a small bubbly white head. Some nice tart berry notes on the nose, wheat, coriander, light lemon notes, and slightly grassy. Mhmm, tastes like a very tart somewhat salty lemonade. nice wheat and spicy taste, some straw and grassy notes, and some other citrusy fruit notes. Great beer for hot weather, and I could see this pairing well with seafood.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
BadAprilia1000 (370) - Sevierville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 28, 2015
Pours a clear golden color with a white thin head. Aroma is salty, fruity, coriander and spices, wheat, green apple. Taste is salt, green apple, wheat, spices. Great gose, awesome drinkable version of the style, a bit heavier than my usual on salt for the style but still great. Worth having a sixer of if possible.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ramboraffe (1107) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - JUN 28, 2015
355 ml can from Mikkeller and Friends Bottleshop. Clear golden with very thin white head. Sour acidic with spices and coriander. Green apples and slightly funky. Dry with medium sourness, low bitterness and medium carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
alex_leit (349) - Minsk, BELARUS - JUN 28, 2015
Can. Hazy honey-yellow with a very noisy white foam. Aroma: citrus and lactic acid, fruits, coriander and wheat. Taste sour, citric and lactic acid, sour apple, cucumber pickle, little wheat, coriander, mild saltiness. Very refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lightbias (284) - USA - JUN 28, 2015
So many beers, so little time and so many I can’t get to without a struggle. But I got this one! I pour the beer into a stange, the honey-lemon liquid is capped fleetingly with a bright white foam. The head is gone by the time I put my camera away, and I find myself with a headless brew. The aroma is funky, tart-lemon, and it tickles my sinuses as I breathe it in. It’s really earthy and a bit salty; and I can almost taste the ocean when I tip the glass to drink. I take small sips at first, then large swallows, flooding my mouth with the beer, gaging the feel of it. It’s so lively that at first I don’t even notice the sour, but then the brew warms on my tongue and loses that initial buzz. Now the taste comes on to me, punching its way from my lips to my throat, graceful but angry. This has a beautifully light body, and to have that kind of carbonation and taste combination, it must. The flavors are carried over from the aroma, the saltiness of the nose creating an excellently supportive dryness on my tongue and gums; allowing the earthy, lemony sourness to play over my taste buds. It is a bit of a finish, lengthy and of course, the Gose being what it is, I should expect that. There are just some tastes that hang on longer than others. This is surprisingly mellow for a sour beer, and being certain that it is at the recommended temperature is key. I let it warm a bit just to see how it goes and I am not happy with it at all. Keep it cold. It’s quite delicious if you keep it cold!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SirLimpsalot (2595) - SWEDEN - JUN 27, 2015
@ Basunen 15-6-27: doftar salt och krydda. Smaken är härligt syrligt med inslag av citrus och gräs. Gott. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone ---- Soberness not garanteed!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pineypower (2719) - Pine Barrens, New Jersey, USA - JUN 14, 2015
Can. Pours out a hazy lighter golden color with a moderate white head. Aroma is of tart/funky/sourness some light spice, tart citrus and some light salt water. Taste is nice and tart with lemon, light citrus, sourness, funk, mild spices, lightly salty. Great summer beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hansen (7439) - Assentoft, DENMARK - JUN 13, 2015
Golden coloured and hazy. Has a white head, diminishing. Acid aroma, light acetic, faint fruity.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
linusb (101) - SWEDEN - JUN 12, 2015
A: Yeast, apple, overripe lemon, lime & blood orange. Some maltiness, almost liqourice. T: Citric, lemon, apple O: Tart och citrus, very refreshing! I sure like this one!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Fashawn (406) - Montesarchio, ITALY - JUN 8, 2015
Very sour and salty, with lemon and coriander, a lot of sourness, high carbonation. Thin body, refreshing and so good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Maddog (445) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - JUN 7, 2015
Can bought at the Charleston Beer Exchange. Tastes like a good Berliner Weisse. Sour, citrus, with subtle spice. Incredibly delicious and refreshing.