overall

RATINGS: 57   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 102   ABV: 3.4%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jcartamdg (1893) - Spring Hill, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2014
Pours a light hazy yellow with a thin white head. Aroma of wheat and smoke. Taste is bitter hops, wheat, smoke . Light on the components but thatís a good thing. Nice beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hallinghansen (1907) - Odense S, DENMARK - JUL 3, 2014
Grower from The Charleston Beer Exchange. Hazy yellow body with a medium white head. Smoke, hay, ripe fruit, wheat, light yeast. Smooth and slick feel, soft carbonation, bitter finish. Great.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Westmeister (1699) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 12, 2014
Had this while family camping. I am not a huge smoke beet fan, but this was subdues enough to make it quite enjoyable. Big frothy white head is all I got on appearance as it was drank out of a Solo cup. Yeasty, easters, light hoppy, some smoke. Very light on the palate with nice carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jamesthebrit (238) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAY 30, 2014
A: Smoky... big smokey note. Like a bonfire. And oaky. Very oaky. Sour lemon in there as well. Looks strange. Lemonaid like. Hazy light. Explosive head. Taste is like eating a bonfire: oaky, smoky. Not balanced at all. Maybe itís not supposed to be? Ok.... I researeched and I found a brewers association definition and some guys rant about the brewers association definition: neither one containing citations. Fuck that! Is this rate 100% my opinion? I feel like it has to be. I guess this barclay perkins guy is a beer historian? But the citation for that is his blog? Could I write a blog and say that beer is like is brewed by God himself and it be true? (for some belief systems I suppose that would be true... but I donít roll that way (itís cool if you do though: just donít get up in my biz about it)) Anyway: this fucking gratzer. Itís not bad: really exactly what I was looking for. Looking at a fridge where the next lowest ABV beer is 8.6% this is what I was looking for. Not as multidimensional as their Gose, but this beer is chill. Not hoppy though... not hopy at all. I get a little sourness on the tongue but the taste is all smoke and oak. Maybe this gets back to the taste debate.... yeah I taste sour but the flavors are smoke and oak. Like BBQ which I wish I was eating right now.... instead Iím on a freaking diet. I need to get back on the bike................. why do all cyclists love craft beer? Seriously.... thatís like a psychology study waiting to happen. Palate is sour, smokey, oaky. Not roasty though.... so the balance is strange to me. Very light and watery. Overall this beer is chill and I can dig that. Itís like drinking a liquid bonfire though... which is intense. And the sad part is I donít know if itís true to style because I have no good citations. Maybe Iíll email Westbrook.... Iím drunk enough to do that. A fine beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Homer321 (1810) - Rock Ridge, Florida, USA - MAY 29, 2014
Draft at brewery. Pour is very hazy. Large white head. Nose us slightly smokey with a touch of sour. Taste is primarily smoke with just a hint of the sourness. Overall just kinda ok but probably just too much going on at once here. For me anyway.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
phaleslu (6295) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 27, 2014
Bottle shared at the Aloft post-Grand Tasting fart/bottle tasting/share. Wowe, another Westbrook gose. Dominating those this weekend. Pours a pale yellow with no head. Some smokiness in this one, smoked wheat, with straw, grass, earth, lemon-lime, and a dash of salt. Light-bodied, with a dry, smoky, mineral mouthfeel and moderate carbonation. Good, but not at the level of their other goses.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GT2 (8284) - San Diego County, California, USA - FEB 25, 2014
[ Bottle ][ RBWG Afterparty3 ][ 22oz ][ Globe ][ Free ][ 2/8/14 ]
>> Thanks ygtbsm94 I think for the share. Pours a low haze straw, weaker foam. Nose is phenolic style smoke, fresh lemonade. Taste is very light bodied, almost a pure lemon ice water in taste, low to no smoke. Not much to it, refreshing at least and no brewing flaws. Just not assertive.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
deyholla (6520) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - FEB 16, 2014
Bottle shared by Brad at RBWG 2014, thanks! Pours a very hazy pale yellow with a white head that dissipates to the edges. Aroma has a smokey light wheat notes with a bit of light fruits that are slightly tart. Flavor has a light wheat note with a growing light smoked meat note.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrSilverworm (6045) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2014
Taster at RBWG 2014 grand tasting - thanks to the person who shared this! From a styrofoam cup... Lost my Sierra Nevada taster glass... Kinda amber color. Thin khaki head. Dots, ropes and lace. Awesome bigger, smoke wheat aroma. Holy crap, this is just 3%?! Officially a very nice, big flavorful smokey session ale, then. Nice smooth lighter carbonation, more dry finish. Good moderate sweet taste, nice light savory. Not too sweet. Intensely smooth and easy drinking. Maybe a hint of gose like saltiness? Am I imagining that? Maybe the smoothest, most well integrated sessionable gratzer Iíve ever had. Yeah maybe the bottle has been sitting around for a while but regardless of whatever happened with it this gratzer is rocking right now Iíd session the shit out of this right now. Good stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
alexsdad06 (5342) - Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2014
22 oz bottle shared by ygtbsm94. Pours a hazy yellow/light golden color witha medium sized white head. The aroma and flavor have smoke, citrus, salt, strange, but I am glad to have tried it.