RATINGS: 3332   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   IBU: 36   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
A strong, dry and spicy trappist ale. The product of a secondary fermentation lasting 5 weeks. This is a complex ale with a fruity aroma and a nice nuanced hop scent. It is soft and creamy in the mouth, with a bitter touch carried by the fruity aroma. An exceptional ale, with a great deal of finesse and elegance, and with a splendid long after taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
davidpl (435) - Santiago, CHILE - JUL 27, 2007
Appearance: golden color semi-turbid. Great head, consistent, rocky, persistent and beige color. Beautiful!. Aroma: nice malty and yeasty. High hoppyness, fine, with floral and herbs touches. Citric-fruitiness of pineapple and lemon; sweet-fruitiness of apples and banana. Slight spicy; coriander, vanilla and clove. Flavor: complex and exquisite!. Malty, yeasty, and slightly candy. Spice presence, such as, clove and coriander. Fruitiness of pineapple, tangerines, red apples and banana. Sweet and fruity start; herby-hoppy finish, with medium dryness and persistency. The final dryness present fruity-touches of peel-orange and pink-grapefruit. Liquory and warm. Palate: medium body, semi-oily and creamy texture. Low carbonation. Complex and exquisite beer, good balance and very nice dryness. (sorry for my english)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheToaster (14) - DENMARK - JUL 26, 2007
Delightfully fruit-taste, with the powerful but not spirit-like alcohol providing the balance. The amount of taste in this beer is impressive, even for a trappist.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JoeZasada (314) - Beaumont, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 25, 2007
Golden colour with nice white head, yeasty, strong, a bit bitter, more hopped than your average abbeys, a bit spicy. Dry as well...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
thenick (766) - North Bellmore, New York, USA - JUL 24, 2007
Bottle. This was the first Trappist I ever tasted, and after this Iím surprised I tried another. The beer pours a watery gold color with a prominent, frothy white head. Aroma is largely yeast with slight spice characteristics included. Taste is yeasty up front with spice on the end of the taste. Overall I found this beer too watery, which I later learned is not a hallmark of the tripel style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
blklab2007 (2118) - Connecticut, USA - JUL 21, 2007
rating from notes: pours a golden in color with some lacing in the glass. smell is yeasty with some alcohol but not as strong as i would have hoped for. taste is spicy with alcohol for sure and some malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
b33r (857) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - JUL 20, 2007
Gold color with medium diminishing head and some lacing. All around a good beer, but doesnít come close to the flavor of other trappist ales.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
StuBeers (8) - South Carolina, USA - JUL 20, 2007 does not count
750ml bottle - I love Belgian Ales but didnít love this one. A flat dry finish without the aroma and flavor I crave. The 2nd glass was better than the 1st at least.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
rayg1 (586) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 19, 2007
Ok so this started out pouring a golden yellow into my glass with a thick white head but it went away quickly. Aroma is yeast spice (tons of nutmeg for some reason), and alcohol. Now maybe I started this thing too cold but on the first few sips the stuff was nothing but a spicy yeast and alcohol bomb and it was really just not that good. As it warmed the alcohol died down a bit but still not that well and more flavors were released such as a note of lemon zest. Overall, I thought the alcohol was hidden horribly in this beer which is surprising to me because normally high alcohol content does not bother me but for some reason this one did. Oh well, first time that has happened to me, I guess you canít like them all. I am beginning to notice however that triples in general I donít care for that much. Which is again confusing because I love quads and doubles. Hmmm weird.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Beltramelli (470) - Campinas, BRAZIL - JUL 16, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2007 Many nuts, pecan. Cooling, it has led, full of flavors. For me, a perfect Belgian combination between a strong ale and a tripel. Perfect........................................... nozes, pec„. Refrescante, leve, cheia de sabores. Pra mim, uma perfeita combinaÁ„o entre uma strong ale belga e uma tripel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
padrefan98 (854) - (San Diego) Santee, California, USA - JUL 15, 2007
I found this little gem in a state run liquor store in Utah. $3.99. Not bad. The ABV hit me pretty hard since I have been MIA in the beer drinking world for a little while. Very nice flavors of spice and yeast like aftertaste. Enjoyable.