overall

RATINGS: 3301   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84/5   IBU: 36   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
A strong, dry and spicy trappist ale. The product of a secondary fermentation lasting 5 weeks. This is a complex ale with a fruity aroma and a nice nuanced hop scent. It is soft and creamy in the mouth, with a bitter touch carried by the fruity aroma. An exceptional ale, with a great deal of finesse and elegance, and with a splendid long after taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MarkoR (894) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 15, 2007
A superb beer. Hazy blond in colour. Generous head. Taste of fruits, citrus and lemon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
FlagstoneHill (215) - Erie, Colorado, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Bottle (hand carried from Amsterdam if that makes a difference...?) . . Citrus, apricot aromas with bready hints and maybe some candi sugar. Light malt, no hops. .. Golden, slight haze, wildly energetic bubbles produce a growing, long lasting, meringue-like head. . Citusry, spicy flavor, lightly malty. Complex yeasty flavor. .. Light body, high carbonation. .. Good stuff. Lots of flavors going on. ..

Maverick34 (2912) - New York, USA - MAR 11, 2007
Bottle. Pours surprisingly light, good head. Fruity sweet taste & finish. Different than what I expected but good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hoser (372) - Cowtown, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 11, 2007
I have heard that this is not the beer it used to be. I think it is thin and that there are way better tripels out there. Page 494 of Michael Jackson’s Great Beer Guide.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MesandSim (7117) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 10, 2007
A Mes rate: Yet another one we had to catch up on after being stunned this had slipped under our rating radar. Easily available and quaffed many many times, how have we not rated this? You just always presume dont you? Anyway, hazy golden colour with a superb and inviting white head. Citric (orange) and spicy nose, maybe some corriander and definite yeast. Rather sweet in the mouth and I’m sure a lot of that comes from the alcohol which sadly is way too obvious. Still a bit of a lip smacker there is no doubt. Having had some old-ish bottles of this I know it mellows very nicely with age. Definite pepper in the finish which is dry and slightly earthy. Good beer that is easy to find.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hombrepalo (1971) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 8, 2007
This is a fine beer. I just seem to like the double more. I had this after I had a double, when I was in Belgium. Love the belgium beers!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
churchill00 (154) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 8, 2007
Bottle. Murky, with a nose of citrus and lemon. Highly carbonated, almost fizzy. Lasting head. Flavors range from sweet honey, to deep, dry spices. Very long finish. Very, very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mgermani (1002) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 6, 2007
Pours a beautiful hazy pale orange-gold, with a decent viscous head (egg whites) and a wonderful fruity aroma. Wonderfully balanced flavour! Pale malting with some definite notes of apricot brandy,.citrus, and great light but substantial peppery hoppiness which lingers well into the warm, pleasant (not too dry, but dry enough) aftertaste. I must admit, I poured a few inches above the glass near the end to get the head going and release some of the carbonation, so this one is not too heavily carbonated at this point (which is perfect) and sports an appropriately present, not too thin body. This is by far one of the better Tripels I have tasted, and I think I must buy some for the summer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
hayduke (4629) - Eureka, California, USA - MAR 5, 2007
Not inexpensive at $10.79 from my local North Coast Coop. Poured a cloudy gold with big and long-lasting white head and nice chunks of lacing. Nose of coriander, flowers, citrus, and fruits. Very smooth and clean mouthteel and flavors that dance on your tongue. Good dry finiish, Nice lookng, nice smell, nice palae, nice flavors, and a nice finish. Shucks, a nice beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
LinusStick (3201) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 4, 2007
A nice tripel. I was expecting a little more but this was still above average. Pour was a hazy gold with a little sediment. Aroma was fruity yeast. Taste was yeast with some spice with the classic dry finish I love about Belgians. Nice.