overall

RATINGS: 3327   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   IBU: 36   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
A strong, dry and spicy trappist ale. The product of a secondary fermentation lasting 5 weeks. This is a complex ale with a fruity aroma and a nice nuanced hop scent. It is soft and creamy in the mouth, with a bitter touch carried by the fruity aroma. An exceptional ale, with a great deal of finesse and elegance, and with a splendid long after taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MesandSim (7117) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 10, 2007
A Mes rate: Yet another one we had to catch up on after being stunned this had slipped under our rating radar. Easily available and quaffed many many times, how have we not rated this? You just always presume dont you? Anyway, hazy golden colour with a superb and inviting white head. Citric (orange) and spicy nose, maybe some corriander and definite yeast. Rather sweet in the mouth and I’m sure a lot of that comes from the alcohol which sadly is way too obvious. Still a bit of a lip smacker there is no doubt. Having had some old-ish bottles of this I know it mellows very nicely with age. Definite pepper in the finish which is dry and slightly earthy. Good beer that is easy to find.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hombrepalo (1971) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 8, 2007
This is a fine beer. I just seem to like the double more. I had this after I had a double, when I was in Belgium. Love the belgium beers!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
churchill00 (154) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 8, 2007
Bottle. Murky, with a nose of citrus and lemon. Highly carbonated, almost fizzy. Lasting head. Flavors range from sweet honey, to deep, dry spices. Very long finish. Very, very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mgermani (1002) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 6, 2007
Pours a beautiful hazy pale orange-gold, with a decent viscous head (egg whites) and a wonderful fruity aroma. Wonderfully balanced flavour! Pale malting with some definite notes of apricot brandy,.citrus, and great light but substantial peppery hoppiness which lingers well into the warm, pleasant (not too dry, but dry enough) aftertaste. I must admit, I poured a few inches above the glass near the end to get the head going and release some of the carbonation, so this one is not too heavily carbonated at this point (which is perfect) and sports an appropriately present, not too thin body. This is by far one of the better Tripels I have tasted, and I think I must buy some for the summer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
hayduke (4928) - Eureka, California, USA - MAR 5, 2007
Not inexpensive at $10.79 from my local North Coast Coop. Poured a cloudy gold with big and long-lasting white head and nice chunks of lacing. Nose of coriander, flowers, citrus, and fruits. Very smooth and clean mouthteel and flavors that dance on your tongue. Good dry finiish, Nice lookng, nice smell, nice palae, nice flavors, and a nice finish. Shucks, a nice beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
LinusStick (3237) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 4, 2007
A nice tripel. I was expecting a little more but this was still above average. Pour was a hazy gold with a little sediment. Aroma was fruity yeast. Taste was yeast with some spice with the classic dry finish I love about Belgians. Nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Periander (50) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAR 3, 2007
Very pale and cloudy with a big lasting head. Spice aroma. Taste is strong, sweet and tart with more spice and less fruit than other examples of this style. Long, somewhat dry finish. Noticeable alcohol, but for 9.5% its fairly well masked. Not really a fan of this style, but as far as Tripels go, this is a favorite.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dsnutz (71) - dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 2, 2007
11.2oz bottle pours a cloudy piss color, a thin white head and some floaters. Overall this is a damn good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Maria (10214) - Thisted, DENMARK - MAR 2, 2007
Light golden and hazy with a nice and lasting head, and I pour it in my new Westmalle glass. The aroma has notes of coriander. The flavour is sweet with notes of coriander, other spices, fruit and citrus. The alcohol is present, but only just, and I can imagine this would be better after another year or so. The finish is long and the notes from the flavour is present all the way through. A really nice trippel, one of the best I tasted at this point (April 05).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mcbackus (758) - Merritt Island, Florida, USA - MAR 1, 2007
bottle: pours a murkey hay colour with some floaties in it. very small and thin white head. very swett aroma with some fruits and spices flavour is pretty strong at first but mellows out and finishes excellent. taste of spices and fruit like the nose some alcohol in there as well. it tingles my palate and leaves me refreshed. excellent with each swallow and perfect slight dryness in the finish.