overall

RATINGS: 1567   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Fast on the heels of our fantasticly reformulated Hops Infusion, our brewers have picked up the gauntlet and brewed a Double IPA using exclusively Simcoe(R) Hops! This west coast Hops was created in 2000 by Select Botanicals, Inc. and carries a fantastic flavor profile abounding with citrusy-grapefruit, piney, resiny notes that pushes this Double IPA over the top. 9.0% ABV in the brew gives it a nice malt foundation as well. Draft and bottles, 12 oz. in PA, 22 oz. out of state (as we have no 6-packs),

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Terminus (3283) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - JUL 24, 2006
bottle-deep orange with a foamy off-white head. nose is big citric hops-lots of light floral citrus. some fussel notes in there as well-passionfruit, mangos. flavors are very soft in the bitterness category-mostly a citric-based IIPA with some candy-like malt profile. I dunno-the alcohol is there but not as offensive as other weyerbacher offerings. light finish of lingering passionfruit. lots of residual sweetness and not enough dryness. i dunno-simcoe hops seem weak for IIPA’s in bittering. I like the hop flavor, but there needs to be other hops added to bitter and dry things out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
3fourths (8238) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JUL 23, 2006
Bottle. Nose is starchy, dry, arid, spicy hops. Flavor is somewhat caustic, coarse, fruity, sticky, thick, sweet and fuesal (just slightly). Rich, fizzy, pretty good overall. Almost has some saison qualities.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thebaldwizard (1205) - Ohio, USA - JUL 22, 2006
A nice double. The citrusy simcoe hops hit you in the nose and the taste right away. The 9% is masked very well, and the mouthfeel is very nice. Perhaps a bit more malt would help, but it is really close to having that perfect balance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 19, 2006
RBSG06: A real eye opener. Really hoppy. Everything you expect when you hear IIPA. Which is why I’m not impressed. No real balance and I don;t like hops that much.

TURDFERGUSON (3969) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUL 18, 2006
another great double ipa. i really enjoyed this one. first beer i’ve had from weyerbacher that has been noticeably better than average. great balance. will def buy again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
omhper (19985) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - JUL 18, 2006
[Bottled at Olivert Twist, Stockholm] Hazy reddish brown, lasting creamy head. Powerful aroma of sweaty grapefruits and lingonberry. Fairly sweet with lots of malt and reasonably soft mouthfeel. Though hop dominated alcohol plays a significant part - lingonberries are strikingly evident. Very bitter finish with plenty of salty licorice and tar. A good one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (5102) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 17, 2006
I was looking forward to trying this one given the recent hype about it. Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this beer poured a chestnut color with a large tan head. The aroma is fruity and rather peppery hops. The flavor is strong fruity , floral and peppery hops. There is an earthy undertone. There is an off flavor to the hops that is faintly unpleasant. The malt presence is a bit lacking and the hops totally overwhelm

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
kmweaver (3207) - Petaluma, California, USA - JUL 16, 2006
RBSG 06. Orange-golden hue. Sweet Simcoe hop flavor, hitting the tongue and nose with huge amounts of pine and honey, with a nicely-balanced bitterness. Long finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kevin (2103) - New Mexico, USA - JUL 16, 2006
Bottle from xray. I don’t know if I will get out of the state without an assault charge, but damn this beer is helping to come me down. I hate thieves, I like the cream, pine hop, and hint of booze nose. I hate people that are dumb enough to think I will roll over and let them take advantage of me. Some new jerk off at the place I am working at for two more weeks tried to steal 50 bucks from the register. It is unfortunately a communal register so we would all have to pay if it is short. So I was throwing a cuss laden rant and first class hissy of epic proportions tonight tat work when the register was short. Then at the last minute this turnip “finds” the money in his tip box. I nearly lost it. So now I have this gem in front of me. It is ruby hued copper with a great lasting yellow tinted head. Hopefully this and a bit of music will take the fire out of me for long enough to sleep a few. Wow, it is chock full of hops, really grassy at the end. Dry as all get out. But so damn easy drinking. I hope they fire him before I work with him again, because I will probably lose it if I see him again. This beer goes well with that after adrenaline taste on my tongue, that not quite metallic taste that comes when you know all of your muscles are about to start spasming from the sudden let up. Damn I needed this beer. The slight touch of toffee with mint hop flavor is superb. My only two regrets is that I didn’t save this to share with someone, and that I didn’t get to get my hands on that sack of flesh. Thanks for the beer, Adam. Christwagons this is one of those that evolves over time. Now I am getting an orange Popsicle thing working, the grass flavor has flattened out and is not leaving me dry anymore. It is still amazingly smooth and does not “bite” like a lot of IIPA’s do. Some caramel apple is showing up some red grape flavor is here too. This pine grass hop flavor is the kind of thing to make me see what the hopheads are screaming about. Ap-4 ar-8 tas-9 pal-5 ov-18

Suttree (5266) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 16, 2006
Cloudy copper, with a big foamy head. Very enjoyable aroma - ctirusy mostly, but a big presence of pine resin, too./ Flavors are smokey and earthy, with quite a bit of grapefruit, too. Background notes of caramel, too, and perhaps even some molasses. Thanks to Springslicker for picking this one up for me.