overall

RATINGS: 758   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56   EST. CALORIES: 357   ABV: 11.9%
Massively big and delicious, QUAD is an elegant and dark ale. Rich with complexity and flavor, try savoring it after a long day or during a fine dinner. You also might enjoy it as an aperitif or as an accompaniment to a dessert, but QUAD stands alone quite well. We recommend enjoying QUAD in a brandy snifter or wineglass so you can drink in the aroma of this fine elixir.

StephenWade (28) - Hoover, Alabama, USA - JUN 22, 2006
I have NEVER tasted anything this good. Except the kiss of a beautiful woman. Which is the best way to describe this phenominal beer. It’s smell is spicy, with a hint of alchohol. It has a rich, beautiful amber color. It has a taste reminiscent of apple cider, but better, all-spice hints, and a bitter bite at the end, with a beautiful yeasty aftertaste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - APR 30, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 10, 2004 Very well done! Tastes like a combination of Westy 12 and Rochefort 10. Alcohol up front, but in a good, warming way; anyway this IS over 12%! Great thick mouthfeel too. Thanks VENOM, send me more!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DCJack (181) - Alabama, USA - NOV 3, 2005
good god, this is made in Easton Pennsylvania?!!!!!! there is something worthwhile about Pennsylvania after all. This beer is awesome, comparable to Three Philosophers, my all time favorite beer, but this could give it a run. Better than Rochefort 10. Excellent mouth feel - silky smooth, full bodied, slightly bitter and astringent, sweet, but not too sweet. Head effect is pure joy, light and laughable. I am happy. Weyerbacher will be spared when Armaggedon comes and taken directly to heaven.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
pubscout (28) - Perth Amboy, New Jersey, USA - APR 7, 2004
Just don't understand how anyone who knows the style can rate this below 17 on the scale. this is proof that Weyerbacher brewers can do marvelous things when they want to. A big, big beer--not for the faint of heart but soothing and calming in the extreme. One Trappist glass and you'll be pontificating about the joys of life--kind of like I'm doing now. I LOVED this beer!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ericnixon (740) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 2, 2004
The first thing I thought of when smelling this was "Westvleteren". Beautiful deep dark ruby color with a faint trace of a head around the edge of the glass. Wonderful complex raisiny, figy, and all those other wonferful full flavors musceling around in there. I didn’t think the alcohol flavor was as pronounced as the others did. maybe they’re all wussies or something. Great stuff!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
gwfrankpsu (231) - McKinleyville, California, USA - DEC 18, 2001
This was a surprise, belgian candy? Plum, cherry, apricot I wonder how good this might be in a year or two? Got to get some and cellar.

SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2002
My overall favorite beer from this brewery...personally, I like it better than LaTrappes’s Quadrupel. Definitely improves with adequate aging (I have some 1.5 years old, but I live close and was there for its debut...what a spectacle!!) becoming less sweet and a little smoother (although it is fairly smooth already!)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 19, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2004 Wow. Flushed my face, warmed me on the way down. Thick and sweet, but only overwhelming on the brain, not the mouth. Thanks VENOM! Please tell me where I can get more, MORE!!

1more4dessert (330) - Upstate, New York, USA - AUG 22, 2003
Wow, is this smooth and complex. Like a mellowed out 10 year old bourban. Vanilla, oak, sweet w/o any over sweetness (I wish I could express myself better on the sweet notes - I generally hate sweet in a beer) Dark brown great persistant finely bubble head. Could sip on this forever.

KariCupcake (214) - Lenox, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 17, 2005
PIcture perfect dark dark red color with traces of head around the edges of the glass. It was on the cool side when it was opened, so we let it warm up a little. Deep complex aroma that’s like edible rubies mixed in a bready bread with plums and raisins. Sippin’ smooth! Alcohol-ness that’s light, but is noticible. The plummy-ness plays on my tongue before it dives down my throat. This is a great beer!