Wicked Weed Weak half double IPA
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 4.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
This beer was brewed to celebrate Wicked Weed’s 1/2 year anniversary. We essentially took our Freak Double IPA recipe and halfed it. Dry hopped two times for two and a half days this is a big hoppy little beer. Cheers

durhambeer's rating

durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - AUG 13, 2013
32oz growler from the brewpub. Pours bright gold with an orange tint. Soft and generous white head. Nose is grapefruit zest, pith, orange peel, delicate pine, and pot. Zesty. Taste adds a great bitterness. Doesn’t fall into the metallic trap I find with so many session IPAs. Light, bright palate. So easy to drink and refreshing without sacrificing big hoppy flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
drfabulous (4014) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Draught at brewery. Hoppy. Bitter throughout. Pine. This is a solid West Coast hop bomb. Really tasty.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
NachlamSie (2770) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 29, 2013
Growler. Here is another mind and palate-blowing IPA from Wicked Weed. I was expecting this one to be a higher alcohol, more robust IPA but at only 5% abv, I guess they meant "half double" literally. Regardless, this is a monstrous hop bomb with the clarity, dankness, and focus I expect from these guys. Huge pine with grapefruit and marijuana is in the nose. I kind of like the lighter palate on this one, it lets the hops really do their work and keeps the flavor very sharp and dry. Loads of fresh hop stank blows away my palate and it lingers forever. Hugely piney and dank and some citrus to boot. This is an outstanding IPA.