Wicked Weed OB Wicked Wet Hop Ale - Chinook
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Hops are only harvested once a year, and it is only on harvest day that one can make a “wet hop” beer. This summer, we paired with OB Joyful Hop Farm and spent a morning with them harvesting 85 lbs of Chinook hops right off their vines. We then loaded the hops into the car, drove ten miles to Wicked Weed, and immediately threw them into the boil of this beer. Look for huge fresh hop character of grass, grapefruit, and spruce in this one-of-a-kind ale. Be sure to come back August 1st for our 100% Cascade wet hop beer!

durhambeer's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - AUG 8, 2013
Growler from the brewery. Deep clear copper pour. Modest off-white head. Sticky citrus and resin nose. Sweet and bitter. Too malty and resiny for my liking.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
NachlamSie (2646) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 31, 2013
Growler. Pours crystalline amber with a tall white head. I’m surprised this isn’t hoppier than it is. Not to say this is not a hoppy beer, but this is Wicked Weed we’re talking about. The aroma doesn’t assault my nose, but instead imparts genuine real hop character, like crushing a hop flower in my hand then smelling my hand a few minutes later. It’s grassy and piney. The palate is medium, kind of light for a 7% beer. Good, fresh, real hop flavor too but without a lot of bitterness. The malts are basically just here for a canvas. This is a tasty and insanely drinkable beer. I would’ve absolutely loved it if it had the same aggressiveness as their Zealot, PapIPA, or many others.