overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1345   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
A golden unfiltered wheat beer that is truly cloudy and clearly superb.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
GreatStelle (363) - Chico, California, USA - DEC 1, 2003
Really one of the better American Hefe-weizens. Very cloudy upon the pour. Nice wheat flavor. Very good for the summer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Reid (1946) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 30, 2003
Appearance : mm bright , cloudy, dark golden almost orange in colour , with a white creamy head which is small and fades to a nice lace down the glass. This one had a slight hoppy scent for a hefeweisen. Then i smelled lemon grass..some very slight banana aromas too. Very crisp, can tatse some hop bitterness, very creamy and not too acidic. I can also taste some banana and also apples. The bitterness returns right at the very end..nice. Very nicelly carbonated, smooth on the tongue..I like this. All in all an excellent American wheat, would drink this again and soon!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerandBlues2 (10099) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - NOV 28, 2003
Cloudy yellow with a white head. Fruity aroma. Initially bitter and then a light bitter finish. Medium and bitter on the palate.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - NOV 24, 2003
Kurt Widmer was giving out samples of this at Market of Choice last weekend. Nice guy. This is their flagship beer. Nice cloudy ligh gold color. Light taste and stature.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
bu11zeye (11971) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - NOV 21, 2003
(Draught) Pours a cloudy yellow with a medium foamy white head. This wheat is very light tasting; not near as complex as I would have liked.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
archstanton (105) - mukilteo, Washington, USA - NOV 20, 2003
now this is a good beer i have particles floating in my beer but back to the beer the taste is very sweet with a small bit of bite at first but to cure that just add a lemon and your good to drink away.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Probiere (992) - Iowa, USA - NOV 18, 2003
The sketchy bars of San Francisco crawl continues. This dive had a waitress who told us to drink more, "because we weren't smiling yet." I think I would have smiled more if she weren't glowering at us when she said it. The bar was indicative of the beer: it sucked. It poured cloudy and rather nice, but smelled empty (no esters? who came up with the idea of a wheat brewed with American yeast anyway?) and I had a sip that was bland and chalky, with a flat finish and no taste other than wheat discernable. I turn around to talk to someone and when I turn back to the bar sketchy woman is busily squeezing a LIME into my beer. Then she drops the rest in like it's a Corona and says, "Sorry, we're outta lemons." I should have said, "You sure? Looks like there's one on your face to me," but I was too busy trying not to yak at the sight of the emasculated lime wandering haplessly around my glass with the air and appearance of a fish embryo that knows it shouldn't have hatched yet. Wisely, the lime stayed away from my lips as I slugged back the rest of this, cringing at the sheer nastiness of it. Before lime: innocuous. After lime: more than slightly repulsive. Ew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
UNCCTF (495) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - NOV 14, 2003
On tap. Cloudy golden appearance, detectable citrus flavoring with maybe a little spice - who knows, the bartender served it way too cold. A good American wheat, though I prefer Sam Adams Summer Ale.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - NOV 6, 2003
The guy at the beer store told me that "it does taste like a German wheat." Umm... No. It's cetainly better than many American Weizen that I've had, but it falls short of some of my favorites from Germany. Cloudy in appearance, it almost looks tempting. But when you take a sip and you have very little taste or characteristic of a German wheat. It's not bad, it's just bland. This is my favorite syle, and American brewers ALWAYS screw it up. It's not bad, it just doesn't taste really good. I have nothing more to say about this one. Later note: Haha. AlabasterJones says it the best. What's the point?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
AlabastorJones (806) - San Francisco, California, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Pretty straight forward hefeweizen with out any bells & whistles, which is great if you wanna jump into a jester's outfit that doesn't have any bells or felt shoulder pads, but i mean what's the point? Do yourself a favor and get the best damn jester's suit this world has ever seen.