overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1289   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
A golden unfiltered wheat beer that is truly cloudy and clearly superb.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 29, 2003
This wheat beer was more cloudy than any of the other American wheats that I've tried, it looked almost like apple cider. It was fairly citrus-y. None of the flavors really stuck out, for the most part it was bland.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BierBauch (784) - Cape Coral Waterfront Wonderland, Florida, USA - MAY 26, 2003
When it comes to wheat beers I rarely stray from the german Biermesters who own the style. But this one was recommended to me and I gave it a try. Looks similar to it's german counterpart and even more cloudy. Dark golden with sizable head. Smell is on the citrus side and not yeasty as the german wheats. Flavor is fruity and also more so than the german wheats. Not a bad effort but I'll stick with the german wheat beers, for now at least.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 26, 2003
On tap: cloudy yellow/orange color, not much aroma, weak ending. I don't care much for the American Wheat style and this didn't do much to change my mind.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ericnixon (737) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 26, 2003
had this on tap. nice cloudy golden color. couldn't detect much aroma (i was going to say it smelled like nachos, but that might have been the nachos we were eating). very drinkable wheaty flavor. this one is a millions times better than Hoegaarden

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Kinz (3189) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - MAY 24, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2010 Surprisingly light orange in color. Bit of a bite on the palate, but good wheat flavor with well balanced hops. Enjoyable, but not special. Rerate, many years later. Not exactly my best review, but still pretty accurate, and numbers didn’t change, but 1 point on aroma, and 1 down on overall. So the same.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 12, 2003
On tap at Eli Cannons, May 11th, 2003. Happy Mothers Day, Mom. This one's for you. Beer arrived looking nice and cloudy, opaque even, with a bright yellow color, and a light fluffy white head. It's looking pretty authentic so far. Aroma has some of the banana/cloviness to it, but it seems a little light and underdeveloped. Flavor is decent, albeit a bit bland. Some mild banana and clove, bit not enough. Mostly it's that bland dry american wheat beer flavor. Hopping is pretty agressive for the style. I can actually taste it. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but i really don't mind. Carbonation is moderate and suits the style well. It's a pretty good beer, but I think I'll stick to the german breweries when it comes to hefeweisen.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
prpplague (247) - Euless, Texas, USA - MAY 11, 2003
thick head with an cloudy yellow orange color. somewhat weak and alchol scented aroma. smooth semi-fruity flavor, a little dry, with just a hint of hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeerRunner (144) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 22, 2003
Beautiful, cloudy color with a nice head. Aroma is excellent, taste is delicious, wheaty, hoppy, yeasty. This is a good, refreshing Hefeweizen. Maybe the "Deutsche Snobs" will not like this, but I think it's very good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheBeerGod (5053) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - APR 20, 2003
Pours a nice shade of gold. Decent light yellow to off-white head. Scent is strong of citrus fruit, wheat and yeast. The taste is similar to the aroma but it seemed a little too citrusy than I prefer and the hoppiness is more pronounced as well. Finishes well but not a great hefeweizen. Not bad by any means, I just prefer German wheats.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Suttree (4906) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 13, 2003
Pale golden straw color. I can swear I smelled saltine crackers in the aroma. Thin white head. It has that familiar wheat wang (quit snickering. you know what I mean)and slight banana flavors. Hoppier than most German wheats.