overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1310   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
A golden unfiltered wheat beer that is truly cloudy and clearly superb.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - SEP 14, 2002
I have never had the bottled version so I can only speak on the tap version. Beautiful wheat with nice lemony, grassy tones that help make this an extremely refreshing wheat beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 3, 2002
Nice yellow unfiltered appearance, light sort of bland wheat flavor, somewhat hoppy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 2, 2002
Cloudy golden color, lemony smell. Pleasant citrus taste. Very refreshing beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
uglybastard (101) - Riverside, California, USA - AUG 27, 2002
hazy apple cider kind of color. The head dissapeared into a small bubbly layer. Sweet fruity scent with a bit of spicyness to it. The taste has a gentle banana, perhaps, flavor to it that fades to more spicyness and a grainy, wheat taste. I remember when I used to love this stuff. Then, I had a paulner hef on tap. I just couldn’t look at american hef’s the same way. I guess I have to judge american hef’s against their own kind, but damn, german wheat beers rock.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
PorterPounder (5346) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 27, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 31, 2005 Rerate Decent still, just had too many other Wheats to be this overly impressed by this one. Flavor not all that great with just subtle bubble gum sweetness. Still looks nice and cloudy and has a sweet subtle citrusy aroma Original 3.6 Great cloudy appearance and the bartender didn’t ruin it by throwing an orange in there. Fresh citrusy aroma. Refreshing after a long drive.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - AUG 24, 2002
This one has a wonderful appearance. I had this on draft and have yet to sample the bottle. There is a distinct lack of aroma for a wheat. Flavor is also kind of weak, with a slight yeasty note. It did grow a bit on me, but still weak for a hefe. I actually had to ask for a lemon slice to wake this one up. Blasphemous! Lemons do not belong in beer! I guess I am spoiled by the German wheats.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Zoltanm (6) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 17, 2002 does not count

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
JohnC (3000) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - AUG 3, 2002
a cloudy wheat beer w/ a bit of crispness, this is a middle of the road hefe. I was expecting higher quality fm Widmer. I’m a bit disappointed in this one. This would ok to drink on a hot summer day

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Miggl (32) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - JUL 23, 2002
I like this beer, despite its initial ’hopyness’, which can be overwhelming if not used to it. After a six-pack or so, this beer becomes quite tasty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
anticop (79) - Porterville, California, USA - JUL 22, 2002
wheats aren’t really my thing, but i liked this beer. i think i will have to drink it again i was pretty drunk when i had it