Wiedemann Bohemian Special

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 32   MEAN: 2.03/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
American standard lager beer. First brewed by the Geo. Wiedemann Brewery across the river from Cincinnati in Newport, Kentucky. Now brewed in Pittsburgh and sent back to Greater Cincinnati. Fresh, light and easy-drinking. Nice body and refreshingly light.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 26, 2004
I walk into Drew-LaPalooza and Drew breaks out this! Yes! Light golden, not quite yellow color, has a wet dog smell but this brew is "registered pure". OK. Taste is surprisingly clean with minimal bite. Mass consumption would probably wrench on your head the next day.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 22, 2004
Drew-LaPalooza beer #5 "It’s Registered Pure" ! ! ! ! ! What!?!?!?!? Who registered you and how and why!!!!?????? Thin and grrassy with an oily bodied ending. I just had to find a rare beer for all of us to try!!!

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
punklawyer (100) - USA - FEB 14, 2004
Not bad to the eye, Not offensive to the nose but something about the flavor is really bad. I avoid this stuff at all costs.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
garrison (767) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 20, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 18, 2003 This stuff tasted better back when it was brewed in Kentucky... but it wasn't a real winner even back then. Ho-hum, another standard American Standard

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jerkadilly74 (155) - mooresville, Indiana, USA - AUG 8, 2003
Recently, I got my first taste of this brew. I was actually very suprised by the quality. I tend to be a notoriously cheap bastard and this stuff was right up my alley. Very inexpensive, @ $3.50 per 6 pack, it lacked many of the inadmirable qualities of it's American counterparts. Wiedemann didn't have a shitload of flavor, but at the same token, it had absolutely no foul aftertaste whatsoever. I was expecting sort of a metallic or corn-like flavor and I got none of that. I simply got an easy to drink, very refreshing beer. I may have found a new beer to accompany me on my fishing trips and golf outings. To all of you beer geeks out there: TRY THIS BEER!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
adamcbowman (57) - Bowling Green, Ohio, USA - MAY 12, 2003
Looked rather interesting. The case was not in black and white, but it was yet not in color either. I was expecting a weird, cheap, generic beer, but actually it's good. Great flavor, keeps it's coldness, and great for a beer to keep constantly in the fridge for just a beer here and there. Overall, look past the bland box, it's a decent beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
gerdy555 (163) - Ohio, USA - JAN 19, 2003
pours a golden straw color typical of american standard. very light and watery. but still has more hop and malt flavors than most american standards. it claims to be registered pure, and i'm not sure what that means.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Eddie5199 (3) - USA - JAN 15, 2003 does not count
A good domestic lager with a lot of flavor. I used to really love this stuff when it was brewed in Evansville, IN. However, the Pittsburgh version is still a nice treat when I can find it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - OCT 1, 2002
The cheapest of the cheap...I like it because the can looks like one of those fake brand beer cans that they drank on ’70s sitcoms.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
puphus (34) - Carbondale, Colorado, USA - SEP 12, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2006 Hoppy and dry. Great tasting domestic beer. Has a rather stinky aroma, but does not smell that bad. No after taste. Easily bests Miller or Busch made beers in price and taste. I drink it daily.