overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 711   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Not suited for timid or reserved beer drinkers, Wild Blue’s defining taste characteristic is its kick of natural blueberry flavor. The Blue Dawg Brewing team carefully selected a blend of hops and barley malt to ensure they complemented and balanced Wild Blue’s dominant blueberry notes, resulting in a robust and aromatic beer with a refreshing, palate-cleansing finish. Wild Blue is brewed with a blend of German hops from the Hallertau region in Bavaria and classic Aroma hops from the Willamette Valley in the Pacific Northwest. A combination of two- and six-row barley malt also was chosen specifically for this recipe. Beer lovers will appreciate this specialty fruit-infused lager’s striking burgundy color, ripe blueberry aroma and its ability to stand up to the strongest of foods.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BuckeyeBoy (2453) - Boise, Idaho, USA - MAR 25, 2008
Bottle Pours out a sort or purple with almost no head. A sweet aroma of berry. Tast was very sweet the blue berrys were all over this one. I was not very happy that Anheuser-Busch tricked me with a New York Big Dawg Brewing lable. Damb them!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Rusty (1533) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - MAR 24, 2008
Pours a Purple?? with a small purple head. Aroma of blueberries and malt. Tastes like blueberry kool aid with carbonation meets wine cooler, this really isn’t that bad but I don’t even feel like i’m drinking beer. To it’s credit it does hide the 8% alcohol rather well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
morrdt (677) - Dirty Mo’, North Carolina, USA - MAR 22, 2008
Single bottle from Total Wine in Jacksonville. Bottle smells of blueberry from the moment it is open. Pours an almost grape juice color with a matching grape head. Taste is blueberries and ale, but no alcohol burn to match the advertised 8%. Beer snobs might think this beer is wine in disguise, I think it is a nice drinkable beer that is a nice change of page.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
EithCubes (4623) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 21, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2008 Mmm, another stealthie. Bottle [turned out to be my 700th rating from America]. Blueberry aroma, reasonably natural-smelling, with a slight hint of maple syrup in there. Pretty ruby pour with a bright dark pink head. Taste is sweet, and overly so, but not quite cloying, actually somewhat drinkable. Blueberry tones are strong and, again, not artificial. Strongly fruity with light bitterness and alcohol, a touch of dusty malt and cardboard, but not enough to ruin the experience. Maple syrup, also in the feel. Not really all that repulsive, as others have stated, but still, I found it hard to finish the 3/4 of the bottle I did drink. Have to hand it to these guys - they’ve made a passable wine cooler!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Metalhead (623) - Lake Zurich, Illinois, USA - MAR 21, 2008
Was shocked to find out this was a AB product. Purple fizzy pour. Aroma of Blueberries/berries. Flavor is a combo of fizzy table wine and blueberry syrup.Has a semi sweet finish. Couldn’t drink more than one but I could see downing one with some blueberry waffles. Not too shabby.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
JJClark (551) - Roscoe, Illinois, USA - MAR 21, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 7, 2008 Bottle. Pours a purple color with almost no head. Aroma of sugar and blueberries. Tastes fizzy sweet reminds me of kool aid. Flavor of artificial blueberry with a light carbonation. More like a wine cooler to me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
cheap (3802) - Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 21, 2008
Again I see AB is getting good at hiding their name on the package! Pleasantly fruity fragrance, tart and fruity. Quite tart on the palate too, without being overly sweet. On the finish the 8% alky manifests on the back of the throat like a beaver county sunset. Better than the average fruit beer. Rather enjoyable for a 8% brew!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
Hopdup (70) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAR 18, 2008
12 oz bottle, Pours a purple blue with no head. Did not taste like a beer, very acidic and bubbly from all the fruit juice, it gave me heartburn, I would guess they used fruit juice during fermentation since it tastes like the HiC hooch we made under my bed in college,

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
topherh (1907) - Kearney, Missouri, USA - MAR 17, 2008
12 oz bottle pours a purplish ruby color. Aroma is sweet. Flavor is more like a blueberry icee than a beer. Reminds me of the wine coolers I used to steal out of my parents refrigerator.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mybrainhurts (350) - North Dakota, USA - MAR 17, 2008
A bit deceptive our good friends at AB are becoming. The packaging did not at all indicate an AB product. I myself was fooled until I came to Ratebeer to rate. Anyway, to the beer. Looks good. Definate blueberry/raspberry candy sucker type aroma. Mouthfeel is soda poppy fizzy like. Flavor is artifical blueberry and fruit candy. Hides the alcohol well. Overall, no solid character and the pricetag is obnoxious. My suggestion, forget it.