overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 88   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.39   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Premium lager, brewed with spices and with natural flavors and color from juice added.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mribm (457) - Ocala, Florida, USA - AUG 23, 2012
When I bought this beer I wanted a light fruity beer for a warm summers day. My two choices were Sam Adamís Cherry Wheat and this beer. Of course I chose this beer and on my way home I noticed it was brewed by Anheuser - Busch and immediately my expectations fell. Then when I got home, I came here to check itís ratings and my expectations hit rock bottom, as everyone rated it poorly Anyway, when I got outside and poured the first beer into my frozen mug (to kill off any unwanted Anheuser - Busch aftertaste) it poured a beautiful pinkish-red color with a one inch head of light pink foam. It looked like watermelon juice fresh from the juicer with the foam on it. The nose was of raspberries and nothing else. The flavor was very much like the lambic style, rather than a lager. Had I been expecting a lager, I would have been disappointed, but since I also like lambics, it was delicious.. (I know...I used the words "delicious" and "Anheuser - Busch" in the same paragraph which is blasphemy in the beer community), but I think this is VERY good! Iím not sure what the other raters expected to taste in a raspberry beer, other than raspberries, but it beat my expectations. I didnít want a lot of hops (although I love them) and I didnít want something real malty since it was in the mid-80ís outside. I wanted a sweet fruit beer and that is what I got. I was surprised by the lambic style, which also left some sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Iíve seen that sediment from yeast in ales and white beers, but never a lager. I drank 2 bottles rapidly in the summer heat, before I realized these are 8% ABV. That took me by surprise, because it went down so smooth. Maybe drinking them cold in the summer sun is the trick to making them taste good, although I also wouldnít mind trying it this winter at a slightly warmer temperature and its warming effect due to the high ABV.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
damzz (249) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 28, 2012
A fizzy high grav lager with raspberry juice. High fruit nose, opaque red with slight gold color, light red head. Taste is, well, raspberry. Crispness of a lager. Reminiscent of a lambic as mribm already stated. It is what it says it is.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
EvilPuppet99 (37) - Wisconsin, USA - JUN 7, 2013
The best of the bunch in my opinion, its worth grabbing all the flavors in a variety pack like I did.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
cavbeerscout (25) - Washington, USA - MAY 26, 2012
Very Good Beer, Taste Good Smells Good But Definitely canít pound 20 of these Good For Gears of War, Good For Call of Duty In Moderation!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BlackEyePA (570) - USA - AUG 4, 2012
Champagne acidy aroma of sweet juice/jelly. Nice reddish pink color. Overall taste is nice raspberry juicy beer sweetich malt Palate is syrupy. Pretty nice overall real nice, I liked it

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (4843) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 3, 2013
Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this beer poured a dark fuscia color with a large foamy dark pink head that lingered and left good lacing. The aroma was sweet and tart berry jam, sugar and a hint of biscuit and a touch of alcohol showing through. The flavor was tart berry jam, artificial sugar and a hint of biscuit. The alcohol was well hidden on the flavor. Long tart berry and sugar finish. Medium body. Excellent fruit beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MattShizzle (539) - Bernville, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 1, 2013
Bottle. Reddish color, cloudy, translucent. Strong raspberry aroma. Good - somewhat sweet, strong raspberry taste - some slight bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
thedm (4927) - Fort Wayne, USA - DEC 31, 2012
This bottled brew from a bottle shop poured a head of finely sized purple red colored bubbles that were mostly lasting and left behind a softly carbonated purple hued colored body. The mild aroma was of strong raspberry. The mouth feel was tingly at the start and at the finish. The nice flavor contained notes of strong raspberry. Delicious and one I would certainly buy again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
crookedlines (5) - edwardsville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 14, 2012 does not count
Good beer! Tasty, good look and surprising taste for a higher ABV. Sweet, but not too sweet. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for Avengers Phone. ASSEMBLE!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
MorganBaughman (147) - Long Beach, Mississippi, USA - JAN 20, 2013
We had this beer at the 2013 Tops of the Hops in Biloxi, MS. This line is a lot like pop, or soda, if you will. The raspberry was Robís favorite. It was definitely the most sour and tart. Pours bright reddish pink.