RATINGS: 664   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
During even the coldest of weather, warm up to the smooth, robust taste of our Winterís Bourbon Cask Ale. Full of rich aromas that you find in the winter months, hints of vanilla and flavorful hops, this is a beer that is great for pouring into a large tulip glass and enjoying with friends around a fireplace.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Beerona97 (2397) - Washington, USA - JAN 4, 2011
I poured this into my large tulip glass, too bad I donít have any friends or a fireplace. Clear pale reddish color, thin head fades. Aroma of caramel and vanilla. Taste is weak sauce. A very mild beer, an attempt but a fail. I pretty much knew that when I bought a six pack, but I thought I should give it a shot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Elderbeerman (7) - Rockton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2010 does not count
This poured into my wine glass, effervescent, and came up with a good inch of light brown head. A strong hint of vanilla on the nose, color brown, and clear, and the first sip hits with a strong vanilla, to slight banana flavor, that gives way to a hint of bourbon... medium sweetness, medium body, soft carbonation, and long finish, with the vanilla being the dominant flavor that lingers. Overall? I like this. I would not like this all the time. But as a change of pace, and a nice Christmas/Winter time treat, with some strong cheese, perhaps - I think it goes well with some hot buttered popcorn - I enjoy it and will have some again, after this six is gone!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
douglas88 (7446) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 21, 2010
On tap at Barley and Hops. Pours a ruddy brown color with a medium beige head. A sweet malty nose. A smooth rich malty flavor, very light vanilla, no bourbon really. Caramel. OK.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
bochi23 (116) - Virginia, USA - DEC 18, 2010
Maybe because it is so cold outside, maybe because of the snowman on the label... but I like this one. Sure, it doesnít really taste like beer (the vanilla is a bit strong) but for what it is, itís yummy... like a cookie. In fact, I think this might almost be better warmed up.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
damzz (382) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 16, 2010
Thin off white head; color is a pleasingly translucent orange brown; aroma has hints of malt and vanilla. Taste is malty sweet with a lusicious overtone of vanilla and a hint of the bourbon cask. Aftertaste is appropriately bitter. Who cares who makes it? Enjoy!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jameswolfe (160) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 16, 2010
This beer is better than some are giving it credit for. I know Inbev makes it, but every once in a while a dog finds a bone. I did have this on tap....maybe thats the difference. The beer has good weight in your mouth and a smooth creamy vanilla bean taste. Not much bouquet or finish otherise I would have scored higher.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
weitz15 (429) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 15, 2010
Light white head. Spicy aroma, with a flavor that matches. The hop content here is minimal, with a crisp, big-red like finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
queenholly (3580) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - DEC 5, 2010
Bottle. Deep amber with almost no head. Light malt aroma and a hint of egg. Weak malt flavor with a hint of spice. I donít get any bourbon/oak at all. Thin, watery mouth feel. Overall weak, pretty much what I expected from a large scale producer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
michael-pollack (4960) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 4, 2010
12oz. Bottle: Aroma of sweet malt, light vanilla, and a hint of caramel. There is a hint of bile/vomit in the aroma too. Poured copper/amber in color with a small to medium-sized, loose, tan head that greatly diminished but lasted throughout. Clear. Lightly sparkling. Flavor is lightly sweet. Tastes of malt, nuts, slight vanilla, slight caramel, fake Bourbon, and some noxious flavors. Medium body. Lightly dry, lightly sticky texture. Average carbonation. Malt, vanilla, nut, and fake Bourbon finish is lightly dry. Ew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Block (1762) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - NOV 23, 2010
Dark pour with a small off white head. Aroma is malty. Flavor is a little unusual. Burnt malts with spice. Dry finish of vanilla. Not great but much better than the comparable Michalob Amber Bock.