overall

RATINGS: 659   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
During even the coldest of weather, warm up to the smooth, robust taste of our Winterís Bourbon Cask Ale. Full of rich aromas that you find in the winter months, hints of vanilla and flavorful hops, this is a beer that is great for pouring into a large tulip glass and enjoying with friends around a fireplace.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
framebender (56) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - NOV 28, 2006
I donít care what anyone says, I think this stuff is good. Doesnít taste like beer - tastes like candy. Real sugary with malty body and absolutely no hops. I put flavor before style guidelines or anything else and I really like this beer. Strong strong vanilla taste with sweet malt at the front. Look forward to buying this again. Just think candy not beer when drinking it and it is really enjoyable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
damzz (253) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 16, 2010
Thin off white head; color is a pleasingly translucent orange brown; aroma has hints of malt and vanilla. Taste is malty sweet with a lusicious overtone of vanilla and a hint of the bourbon cask. Aftertaste is appropriately bitter. Who cares who makes it? Enjoy!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JustinBennett (67) - junction city, Kansas, USA - DEC 21, 2007
bottle thanks to ford9719. poured a dark amber color. taste of sweet lemons and oranges. finished with lemon spice. good beer

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - DEC 7, 2008
Amber red in color with an orangish head. Slight earthy smell. Hoppy taste with a hint of vanilla in the aftertaste. I thought there was a nutmeg taste to it as well. I was very impressed with this beer. You gotta love winter brews.
Earlier Rating: 4/27/2008 Total Score: 3.6
Caramel smell with a hint of vanilla. You could definitely taste the vanilla in this brew. Dark copper in color with little to no head. Not a bad brew. I have not had a winter brew that I have not liked.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
gallagwar (30) - USA - DEC 31, 2006
Let me start by saying that this is most likely the sweetest beer Iíve ever had in my life. Itís pure sugar. But for some reason, I love it. Perhaps itís my ability to look past the Anheuser-Busch label and just enjoy the candy goodness. Maybe Iím alone, but I canít get enough of this beer, much like Jackís Pumpkin Spice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jgarvey (1) - USA - JAN 23, 2007 does not count
The only other burbon aged ale I have had was from Goose Island. For a major maker of beer AB seems to have made a great beer. It is on tap at the LONE STAR in Gurnee. Bartender said it was for sale at Cardinal Liquors down the road, but they didnít have any.

beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - DEC 23, 2005
Excellent rich hearty beer. Surprised a big company made this. Taste imbued all over the place, without tasting too hoppy or heavy. Well done. Lindyís, on tap, Foggy Bottom, Washington DC.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MacDaddyOJake (274) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JAN 6, 2006
I loved this beer, which is hard for me to say because its an Anheuser Busc product. On tap at Durangoís Steak House in Cocoa Beach, FL. It was a nice amber color with a small, quickly diminishing head. Notes of caramel and vanilla in the aroma and flavor as well, it finished rather sweet. Border line too sweet, but it was just right. It left me wanting more. The bourbon flavor was just great, it was VERY enjoyable. I sure hope this one gets in the main stream!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
REDDOGICE (202) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 11, 2006
Tastes like it came from a makers mark barrel. great taste. Vanilla rears its head through bourbonesque notes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OdinUSMC (7) - Poquoson, Virginia, USA - MAY 22, 2007 does not count
First off, shutup. I love this beer. I only got it at first because we built a snowman and this looked hillarious in its hand. But once I actually drank one with my snowman I found out why he liked it. ITS FANTASTIC! Especially for being made by AB. Notes of burbon and vanilla infused with some other taste that I can only describe as "Snow Nymph Blood". Easy drinking at a good price. Stock up in November for your own snowmen.