overall

RATINGS: 661   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
During even the coldest of weather, warm up to the smooth, robust taste of our Winter’s Bourbon Cask Ale. Full of rich aromas that you find in the winter months, hints of vanilla and flavorful hops, this is a beer that is great for pouring into a large tulip glass and enjoying with friends around a fireplace.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Spence1632 (1) - USA - FEB 27, 2007 does not count
This beer is anything but disappointing. I was very satisfied with it and it left no bad after taste or syrupy feeling in my mouth. It reminded me of an ole fashion root beer float. And yes I understand that beer is not suppose to taste like that but it is nice to experience a change every once in a while. I think AB did a great job with this seasonal beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
badnloose (111) - North Hollywood, California, USA - DEC 5, 2007
Bottle. Pours darker brown with a tan head. Feel of swirling warm alcohol took me by surprise, then came the vanilla taste. Pretty much tastes like an ale doused with vanilla. Blended nicely.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
iabeerguy (392) - Iowa, USA - SEP 29, 2009
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2009 I really like this beer and was surprised to find out it is a Bud product. Pours a dark, brown color. There was a little tan head and a tad bit of lacing. Aroma was of malt and vanilla. Taste was vanilla with some malt and caramel. very good

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tricountybeer (167) - Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 6, 2010
Beer pours a spare diminishing head, not much lacing, clear body and amber color . A light toffee malt, lightly hoped, a hint of raisin ,plum, cask wood fantastic brew

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Elderbeerman (7) - Rockton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2010 does not count
This poured into my wine glass, effervescent, and came up with a good inch of light brown head. A strong hint of vanilla on the nose, color brown, and clear, and the first sip hits with a strong vanilla, to slight banana flavor, that gives way to a hint of bourbon... medium sweetness, medium body, soft carbonation, and long finish, with the vanilla being the dominant flavor that lingers. Overall? I like this. I would not like this all the time. But as a change of pace, and a nice Christmas/Winter time treat, with some strong cheese, perhaps - I think it goes well with some hot buttered popcorn - I enjoy it and will have some again, after this six is gone!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheBeerLover (1025) - DC Metro Area, USA - NOV 13, 2006
12 oz bottle. I’m a big fan of barrel aged beers, and vanilla as a flavoring in general, so I knew I was going to like this one. This isn’t the best example of a barrel aged beer, or one brewed with vanilla, but coming from AB, this is a good effort. AB seems to hold back on their "craft" beers, even when they are going after craft beer drinkers. I believe AB could have done better with this one. This beer pours to a beautiful, bright, deep amber color, with a soapy, white head that fades, and a good carbonation. The nose on this beer is pleasing, and becomes more aromatic and fragrant as it warms. Aromas of bourbon, oak, and sweet vanilla flood the nose. The palate is soft, and slightly slick on the tongue, with some toasty and carmel malt flavor. This beer finishes with more toasty and carmel malt flavor up front, then ends with a reallly delicious, sweet vanilla flavor that lingers. Would have liked a little more malt heft in body and flavor, but this is a well done beer, and I found it very enjoyable. I enjoyed the bourbon, oak, and espically the vanilla character in this beer. This beer would work very well with desert, or a nice beer to enjoy as a digestif after a big meal.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
fuzzy82 (17) - Decatur, Illinois, USA - DEC 3, 2006
Very different beer deffinatly a vanilla taste with a hint of burbon. cool drink for some thing out of the ordinary.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
gilvanblight (812) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - APR 4, 2008
Suprisingly thick pour, caramel brown in colour. Sweet scent with a touch of vanilla. Somewhat odd taste, thick and sweet with lots of caramel and more of the vanilla. Very supprised this is from Aheuser Busch, I quite like it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
magyarman (1) - Alabama, USA - MAR 10, 2010 does not count
I feel this is one of the greatest Bud brew ever. It is served with a nice 1/2 to inch head. The taste is complex, in my palate and seeps into your soul. It warms you to the subtle bourbon tastes and rewards with no bitter, but quite a rewarding after taste. people complain about an artificial vanilla and bourbon taste, I don’t find that subtle taste as distracting. Maybe the bottles are different from taps, but I fond this brew high on my list with some is the Belgians (for they opulence in taste) in this unique class!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
weeare138 (936) - Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 17, 2006
On tap at Ortino’s Pizzeria... Appears a transparent dark amber with a small off white head that fades into a mild cap. Solid streams of carbonation pump up to the top. Smell is of light oak, toffee, caramel, nuts, and brown sugar. Taste is of oak, very mild bourbon-esque vanilla, and a light smokey flavor. Mouthfeel is chewy, sugary, toffee sweet up front with gently hopping that lingers on the middle of the tongue.