overall
Brewed by Bavik-De Brabandere
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Harelbeke, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 895   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Authentic Belgian Wheat Ale

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Shag (2656) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAY 3, 2003
My first "canned Belgian" which to me sounds like an oxymoron. Color is merky yellow similar to grapefruit juice. Aroma has nothing to say. Flavor is slighty sweet but mostly sour with wheat, bananas, lemon, and grapefruit. It kind of reminds me of that citrus drink Five Alive. Im not really a fan of this style thus far but this is a much better choice than Blue Moon and cheaper! Overall its fairly good but this would not be a session beer for sure.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BierBauch (784) - Cape Coral Waterfront Wonderland, Florida, USA - APR 26, 2003
Normally I steer clear of anything that comes in a can but this one was highly recommended. Poured super cloudy honey colored with very little head and only mild lacing. Not much of an aroma but a very smooth ale and impressive to me only because of the can factor. I didn't really taste anything metallic at all. Subtle wheat taste and even less yeast flavor. I would definately drink it again but there are so many better than this. Great in a glass restricted enviroment i.e. boating, by the pool etc.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Suttree (5407) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 7, 2003
Had from a can, $5.99 a six pack. Not bad, a cloudy yellow body with a thin head. Citrus and spice (perhaps cinnamon, and cloves) and coriander. Very quenching.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - MAR 18, 2003
Pale yellow with a small white head. Perfume aroma...lemon...yeasty. The flavor was a little off for me...odd perfume/lemon mix. Easy going Belgian White.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Nate (3806) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 10, 2003
Wheaty,lemony(bitter) aroma and some nice sweetness. Light cloudy pale with small white foamy lacing head. Medium high carb and light watery body. Paper/pepper spicy. Light bitterness. Some sweet character. Watery. OK, but odd light bitter/lemon character is not too appealing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 1, 2003
Cloudy yellow appearance. Thick foamy white head. Nose is of yeast, fruit, spice, and citrus. Flavor is of citrus fruits and spices; lime and orange being the most detectable. This is a very enjoyable beer. I would say this beer should be sampled from a bottle instead of a can.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Frank (3261) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 28, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2004 The first time I rated this I was a bit too green to gather that the reason my bottle was terrible was because it was spoiled. Upon rerating, I relise now that this is quite a nice, refreshing wit. Colorwise, it's hazy pale yellow--though it was hard to tell since Wittkirke glasses aren't clear. Mild in both flavor and aroma with soem good citrus and spice qualities. This would be a good one to suggest to anyone you know that's not into craft beers but is still a fan of Blue Moon.

Original Rating: Mine was sold under the name Wittekerke. Intense and peculiar aroma--sort of sweet-and-sour citrusy. Bright yellow color. Taste is similar to the aroma sort of yeasty and acidic. I really wanted to like this but I can't. My bottle might have been infected but based on what I'm reading here it seems like it's in good shape. I just don't like it. It reminds me of why I used to hate wheat beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
JK (4845) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - FEB 26, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2004 Found as "Wittekerke." Can. White head that didn't last long. Citrus aroma. Looks like champagne with lots of bubbles. Thin. Lacks flavor, tastes like a light lager with fruit. Very disappointing as this is one of my favorite styles.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 25, 2003
Found this one in a can. I think that i now have a new favorite beach beer since i cant take glass down there. the hazy body is that impressive witbier glwoing golden yellow color. i just love that color. the aroma is highlighted by a citrussy sweet aroma that seemsto at the same time give off spicy notes just because i wasnt already intriged enough. the flavor was more citrus, lemon and somewhat sour, but good, orange. there was a malty background that hinted at the wheat used in this style. the finish was slightly tart citrus, very refreshing actually. the body was just thicker than moderate thanks to all that protein in the wheat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - FEB 23, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 18, 2003 Considering all that I read about this beer being canned, and that I bought my bottle for 99 cents: it's really not that bad.