overall

RATINGS: 642   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Woodchuck Amber Draft Cider was the first style of cider produced under the Woodchuck label. It is made from a blend of apples and fermented with champagne yeast to produce a great tasting and refreshing product.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
howie (549) - DeForest, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 23, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2004 Tart, not to sweet, fresh, satisfying taste. The best commercial American cider I've tried.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
simons4499 (1) - N Tonawanda, New York, USA - AUG 15, 2002 does not count
I can drink this like there is no tommorow, they taste is the best!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 25, 2002
No head at all. Nice apple smell. Taste is a little bitter at first, then the sweetness hits. Slightly bitter aftertaste. On those ridiculously hot days, I find cider more refreshing than a beer, and this is a pretty good one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Another good cider, drinkable but not too much of a girly drink.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Magnificent! Sweet, but not cloying. Delicious! Plus, chicks dig it, too, so it’s a useful sixpack to have in the fridge.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Woodchuck is the first cider I’ve ever had, and rest assure it will not be the last. Great smell, wonderful flavor, you can really taste the apples, bravo. I could only enjoy a couple of these at one time. Having to much cider is down right insane.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - JUL 20, 2002
8/29/01 This is more like it! I had the brewer’s Pear cider first, and was not impressed. This bottle was a bit stronger, not nauseatingly sweet, a little kick to it and a nice sweet apple nose. Not going to replace any of my favorite beers, but I could see having one occasionally under the right circumstances. 7/02 Having had a few more ’wine-like’ ciders in the past year, and developing the palate generally, has proved detrimental to this poor beast. I find it way too sweet and simple; no bite, no tartness to speak of.. better than the Pear I guess, and I still want to try the Granny Smith, but please people hunt out some of the smaller cideries like Flag Hill Farm. You’ll be glad you did.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
swamptours (28) - Romulus, Michigan, USA - JUL 16, 2002
Not bad. I like the Dark, Granny Smith and Colonial better though. Very smooth taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
gws57 (1274) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - JUL 14, 2002
I myself am not really into apples or cider stuff. If I was, I think this would be really good. It’s a little too sweet to be truly drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20