overall

RATINGS: 637   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Woodchuck Amber Draft Cider was the first style of cider produced under the Woodchuck label. It is made from a blend of apples and fermented with champagne yeast to produce a great tasting and refreshing product.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Woodchuck is the first cider I’ve ever had, and rest assure it will not be the last. Great smell, wonderful flavor, you can really taste the apples, bravo. I could only enjoy a couple of these at one time. Having to much cider is down right insane.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - JUL 20, 2002
8/29/01 This is more like it! I had the brewer’s Pear cider first, and was not impressed. This bottle was a bit stronger, not nauseatingly sweet, a little kick to it and a nice sweet apple nose. Not going to replace any of my favorite beers, but I could see having one occasionally under the right circumstances. 7/02 Having had a few more ’wine-like’ ciders in the past year, and developing the palate generally, has proved detrimental to this poor beast. I find it way too sweet and simple; no bite, no tartness to speak of.. better than the Pear I guess, and I still want to try the Granny Smith, but please people hunt out some of the smaller cideries like Flag Hill Farm. You’ll be glad you did.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
swamptours (28) - Romulus, Michigan, USA - JUL 16, 2002
Not bad. I like the Dark, Granny Smith and Colonial better though. Very smooth taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
gws57 (1274) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - JUL 14, 2002
I myself am not really into apples or cider stuff. If I was, I think this would be really good. It’s a little too sweet to be truly drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
beermania99 (9) - USA - JUL 5, 2002 does not count
Too sweet for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
aracauna (3055) - Georgia, USA - JUL 2, 2002
This is the best of the Woodchuck line and I’ve tried them all. Granny Smith is too tart, Dry is too dry and Pear is Pear. Amber has got a good level of sweetness and that’s how it should be. Ciders aren’t beers despite the fact they’re made in a similar way, and they should have some sweetness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - JUL 1, 2002
This isn’t bad. I was drinking it with Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and Newcastle, so it was the tastiest of the lot. Kind of sweet, but pretty good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SudsMaster (68) - Denville, New Jersey, USA - JUN 29, 2002

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
barflybetty99 (14) - Kentucky, USA - JUN 25, 2002

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 18, 2002
Clear straw color with minimal head. Aroma of apple, vinegar, and chablis wine. Finish has a slight metallic flavor that lingers and takes away some of the pleasent sweetness. Some champagne characteristics that make me believe they may use a wine or champagne yeast stain. Not beer, but not bad. Wouldn’t mind trying to mull this one some time.