Woodman Novi Bock

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.54   ABV: -
Festive November Style Bock

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
esjaygee (3903) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 25, 2013
As Woodman Holiday Bock. Yet another Mount St Woodman’s, all too common here. I guess I’m not too disappointed I haven’t been able to find them in madtown the last few visits. Straw yellow cesspool with a mammoth six finger dead yeast laden white crown. Aroma is spicy and nutty with earthy hops, grains, bready malt, lemon and coriander. Taste is well, kind of how one might figure after the expletive beer jettisoned out of the bottle before I could get it over my glass. I was even in “Hey, I’m opening a damn Woodman’s bottle” mode and I still wasn’t quick enough. Props to them for their ideas but they are just not ready for prime time as half of the bottles are gushing abominations and the other half are muted representations of the descriptor on the label. This one happens to be thin, spicy, strange astringent and meh according to my notes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ccex (921) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 21, 2013
12 oz bottle pours a hazy pale straw color with big but vanishing white head and little lacing. Aroma is full of pumpkin with some floral hops. Not a bock at all. Taste is first sweet like pumpkin pie but with a sour finish. Body is light with average carbonation. Not what I expected from a bottle which misleadingly says "Holiday Bock, Festive November Style Lager" on the neck ring above Woodman’s generic label. Still, not too bad for a random pick at a big grocery store’s M&M 6 pack shelves.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
nuplastikk (4321) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 12, 2011
12oz bottle. Hazy, unfiltered orange-tan..quite thick. Straight up WTF aroma, like you dumped some Brettt on top of a pile of garbage. What the hell is going on at this brewery. Tastes like an infected pumpkin beer, off, unenjoyable sourness. I really doubt this beer is lagered, I’d guess they just thought Bock sounded cool. Complete crap.