Wyre Piddle Pinvin Peach

Formerly brewed at Wyre Piddle
Style: Bitter
Pershore, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.7   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Cask; Status uncertain

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
chriso (7416) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 14, 2005
Cask (handpump) at the Babington Arms, Derby. The main topic of conversation about this beer was the diacetyl level. I found the butterscotch in the aroma and (unusually - I generally pick it up much more in the aroma than in the flavour) in the flavour overpowering. I donít know whether there was any fruit character as I couldnít taste anything but diacetyl. And I canít stand diacetyl. Others either didnít pick up the diacetyl to the same extent, or werenít bothered by it. Conclusion - people vary a lot in the sensitivity and tolerance to diacetyl. I just couldnít drink this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
maeib (8750) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - JUL 11, 2005
Cask conditioned - handpump - Babington Arms Derby. A copper coloured beer with a nice fruity aroma with apricots and peaches. The taste is fruity with a bit of butterscotch mixed in. The fruit is nicely subtle but certainly noticeable.