Yak and Yeti Blueberry Tart

Yak and Yeti Blueberry Tart
     click to upload

Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.81/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Sours at the Yak & Yeti? Well, not exactly. I’ve been playing with acid malt and working some recipes that give tartness, not a true sour beer. To explain, most sour beers have been inoculated with Lactobacillus, Pediococcus, and other various bacteria to give the beer a sour edge. Just like blue cheese, some people adore it, others loath it, the same can be said for sour beers. I don’t really want to deliberately infect my lines just to have one sour beer, so I tried to compromise and use a clean method for producing a lower pH beer and mixed with blueberries, we get Blueberry Tart. Inspired by the pie-like dessert, this beer has malts similar to a brown ale but has a ton of blueberry puree added in the secondary.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ratman197 (11754) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - NOV 1, 2012
On tap at Yak and Yeti poured a cloudy purplish brown with a small lasting tan head. Aromas of pie crust, blueberry and light vanilla. Palate was light bodied and crisp with a smooth finish. Flavors of blueberry, pie crust and light vanilla with a smooth lingering blueberry finish.