overall

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 1.43/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.72   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Brewed under license for Big Hole Brewing Company.

oldgrowler (14) - USA - JAN 8, 2011
This beer came up far easier than it went down. I took 3 swigs of the bitter chemical liquid, but couldn’t swallow more than 2 without retching, which doesn’t exactly give one enough for a proper review. Reminiscent of a FAXE variation I tried years ago with similar outcome. Should not even be in the category of rateable beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 17, 2009
Pours pale with a thin ring of fizzy bubbles. Tastes watery and bland with a stray hop or two in the finish.

boris (1) - Yellowknife, Yukon, CANADA - MAR 21, 2006 does not count
I drank this when it first came out in Alliston, On. 7.25 for a sixer at a whopping 6.5%. I drank 3/4 of a 24 of Yankee that night at my folks place. The next morning - my mother came down and told me I looked like a ghost. These comments must have made there way to the brewery via the union of Mothers. It’s now 7.95 and 5.5% Drop Bombz

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Illuminatus (92) - Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 13, 2006
355mL can at a poker game. I wouldn’t have finished it if it wouldn’t have been impolite. Corn, cardboard, stale.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
markymark (82) - Duluth, Minnesota, USA - MAR 10, 2006
Good party beer to get drunk with.......not too much going on in the way of taste, however.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
beanmedic (347) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 8, 2006
Pretty terrible. smells like sweet corn water. taste is bland, but then some unusual flavour hits you and stays for a long time. just bad.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
HogTownHarry (6127) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - AUG 12, 2005
Can (355ml) Imagine my delight when I spied this gem at the bottom of the lcbo singles barrel - the other Yankee Jim! I get to rate both! Maybe this one will taste like beer ... Poured a bright light gold, slightly hazy,with a large white foamy head. Smelled like corn mash with added sugar and root veggie compost - either I caught a whiff of very stale hops or it had started to react with the can lining. Tasted pretty nothing - weak corn, very sweet, somewhat metallic, nothing I would call either malt or hops - maybe a bit like potato scrapings. As it warms both the aroma and the taste get unbelievably harsh, which at least gives this sucker some character. Mouthfeel is polluted water. I’m off to eat a slice of stinky cheese to cleanse my palate.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
pintbypint (2669) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 19, 2005
355ml can. Gold pour, retained a small white head. Aroma is sweet, sugar and corny. Flavours of metal and corn. Thin stagnant body. Awful. Side note: No Fun by The Stooges came up randomly on the mp3 player as soon as I cracked open this can... coincindence...? It was no fun.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ClarkVV (3892) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - APR 25, 2005
Can with Tiggmtl and Muzzlehatch 4/17/05. Not sure how this one is rated higher than the Genuine Draft, as I found it to be nearly undrinkable, full of lightly sour veggies and crushed bricks. Corn, metal, hints of malt. Darker yellow appearance, less head, clear and slight alcohol notes are present as well. Light body, fizzy mouthfeel. I’ll stick to the YJGD, thank you.

muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - APR 22, 2005
12 oz can mercilessly slogged through with ClarkVV and tiggmtl. Pale yellow...minimal nose, perhaps a bit of sweetness...body evinces a touch of spoiled grain and corn sugar...pretty thin though not completely watery...get the Draft, its so much better!