Yellowstone Valley Devils Tower Lager

overall

RATINGS: 31   MEAN: 2.49/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.54   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
This towering amber, designed for the devil in all of us, is made from Rocky Mountain malt and stream water. Rich in malt and lightly hopped. The aroma and taste will bering you back to encounter Wyoming.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jake65 (2533) - Williston, North Dakota, USA - JAN 13, 2014
Bottle: Pours a dull copper/orange color with a thin sandy head. Nose is malty and sweet, lights bits of grass. Taste has much more character than the nose; citrus, grapes, a sweet malty backbone, and a surprisingly crisp floral finish. The finish really helps out as the majority of the taste is very sweet. I can imagine the similarities in flavor to adding wild honey and herbs, but retaining mostly the sweet aspects. I feel like I should give this a few bonus points since my wife liked itÖ I could really see this being a good base for a hoppy lager or bock.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
nimbleprop (4200) - SouthWest, Washington, Washington DC, USA - DEC 12, 2013
12oz bottle thanks to Jake65. Pours a hazy amber with some lacing white head. Nose of apple cider, some malt vinegar, a little red grape, some medicine cabinet. Uh oh, infection alert. Tastes of apples, rusty nickels and malt vinegar. Mostly clean finish. No idea what this would be like on a normal day, but this bottle is infected.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
dlbeer (662) - Wisconsin, USA - DEC 6, 2013
Bottle. Orange/amber pour with off white head. Smells of malt, fruit and slight funkiness. Sweet on the fruit with a slight fruity sourness on the finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
vomit (163) - Michigan, USA - APR 9, 2013
UPDATED: APR 10, 2013 After suffering a cross-country trek with the family, we arrived at Devilís Tower. It was true. Imagine my glee as we perused the trinkets in the gift shop, as I spied DEVILíS TOWER LAGER. I plopped down the requisite cash, and hoisted my prize back to the motel room. After my many sufferings I was ready to pour this down my neck and let my worries fall far behind me. Well, I am sure you all remember the classic scene in "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" with the UFOís plopping down on Devilsí Tower...well do you? Do you? After traveling ONE ZILLION LIGHT YEARS those rascally aliens needed relief. But if they would have had a DEVILíS TOWER LAGER they would have lit out in a heartbeat and reduced our planet to ashes. The only viable explanation for them lingering as long as they did, is that the locals were getting them all Blatzed up with Valís finest. And if thatís good enough for shapeshifting reptilian entities from the far reaches of the Universe, itís good golly-gee-wizz, good enough for me. And you too! Thatís how I roll bitches.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
douglas88 (5556) - Portland, Oregon, USA - NOV 15, 2012
Bottle thanks to Dallas. Pours a clear amber color. Basic, sweet nutty malts, very clean, almost dominated by grains. Light honey. OK.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sledutah (4115) - Utah, USA - NOV 12, 2012
12oz bottle shared by Dallas
Appearance: Clear golden with a small white head, some lacing
Aroma and flavors of malts, grainy and fruity
Decent

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ADJ1223 (2) - - OCT 5, 2012 does not count
Tasty mild lager, good malty balance for my preferences. One of my favorites at yvbc. Sg= 1.051

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jtclockwork (7110) - , New Jersey, USA - SEP 22, 2011
Bottle thanks to my parents. Pours cloudy amber. Fizzy white head. Nose/taste of spent grain, orange peel and lager malt. Medium body.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
scooterbub (792) - Lander, Wyoming, USA - JUN 11, 2010
12 ounce bottle. Pours a dark, hazy, gold with a decent, foamy, white head that lasts. Taste is of malt, floral, grain, caramel and some hops. Has a nice light sweetness to it. Similar aroma. Some bitterness in the finish. The body is a little slick and watery. Good, but it is missing something.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
oldrtybastrd (3225) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - APR 10, 2010
Pours a bright amber color. Aromas of caramel, malt, and berry. Flavor has a touch of roast coffee taste, some caramel/toffee, and a nice hop finish.