overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 49   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
The Huckleberry Wheat is bear food in a bottle! Most other fruit beers have such a tart snap that you can't taste the beer. The Huckle-Weizen is BEER with just enough huckleberry to make you yearn for the wilderness!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - FEB 26, 2005
I typically can’t stand berry flavored beers. I didn’t like Leinie’s berry or Sam Adam’s Cherry Wheat. So needless to say I wasn’t expecting much out of this beer. When I opened it and poured it, I got a HUGE white foamy head. It has a definitive berry smell to it but the taste of the berry was very subtle. I actually kind of, in a wierd way enjoyed this beer. It seems that all Yellowstone Valley beers are good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - FEB 5, 2007
Nose is sweet and gives a nice earthy huckleberry aroma. the flavor is nice and sweet, and shows off the huckleberries. Call me a homer, but I miss my MT huckleberries.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jebert (500) - Watertown, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 1, 2011
Pours a peachy-apricot color, slightly hazy, with almost no head. Nose is of huckleberry. Not overly creamy on the palate, the taste is of wheat beer with a splash of huckleberry. A good summertime thirst quecher. Pairs well with light finger sandwices or summer snacks.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
wulfhere (217) - Billings, Montana, USA - FEB 20, 2004
Pale yellow with a head that vanished before I finished pouring the beer. Faint hint of wheat and yeast in the nose, but funky berry note that reminded me of metallic aftertaste. Standard light bodied fruit hefeweizen flavor--decent berry flavor, no real outstanding notes. Finish somewhat dry and astringent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
jdog76 (85) - madison, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 20, 2004
It poured out a nice cloudy golden color but had very little head. The flavor got worse and worse with each drink. Strawberry and citrus taste with mild carbonation. Tasted like a flat strawberry soda. wierd aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
rproff78 (85) - - JUL 28, 2014
Very good. Worth the try! Good good good good good good good good good good!'nn

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
rb (15) - Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA - NOV 17, 2007
Honey coloration, fruity, sweet and fruity, leaves a good after taste. I liked this one a lot

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
TDSol13 (4) - duluth, Minnesota, USA - JAN 29, 2008 does not count
When I smelled this beer I thought it was going to be very sweet. After the first sip I was shocked by how tart it was. I actually made a face. Got better as I drank it and by the end was very happy with it. Very unique and good beer

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
feedle (1) - Billings, Montana, USA - FEB 2, 2007 does not count
Bottle. The pour left a fairly thin head, leaving a pinkish-amber appearance in the glass. Carbonation seemed about right for a Hefeweizen. The berry flavor is highly aggressive, and leaves a sour-bitter aftertaste. It sits well, and once you get used to the sour-sweet note, it is drinkable. Not a fan of the finish: it was quite long and bitter. I love a good Hefeweizen: this is not recommended for true Weizen drinkers: taste resembles a wine cooler more than a Hefeweizen. If they were to market this as a wine cooler or something other than a quasi-Weizen, I’d be happier with it.