overall

RATINGS: 284   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
In honor of our 180th Anniversary, Americaís Oldest Brewery proudly offers this celebratory Yuengling Bock Beer. This seasonal release resurrects an old brewery tradition of producing a Bock in the late winter and early spring. Dark brown in color, this unique brew offers an exceptional flavor to be enjoyed by all. We invite you to taste 180 years of family brewing tradition in this limited release as we celebrate our milestone.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - FEB 10, 2010
The best beer Yuengling has brewed thus far. Aroma of sweet vanilla and hoppiness . Flavors of vanilla and brown sugar, hints of chocolate malt, with nice mild hoppiness. Nice rich reddish copper color (a little darker than the Lager) with a creamy/foamy head. Finishes perfect. Hereís hoping Yuengling decides to make this a year round beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
coldbrewky (1423) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - FEB 23, 2009
UPDATED: MAR 18, 2009 Draft today at lunch at my local. I had two. I love revolving taps. So Boo Yah for Dick Yuenging with this critter. A full bodied and hoppy brew. Dark and foamy. Nose of acorns and chocolate. Body is medium. thick quaff rings ring the ceramic mug club: Quite a surprise from this brewery. I remember climbing the ladders and stairs of the brewery and seeing the old ads for this beer. I am overjoyed that history is able to repeat itself in this beer recipe. This may be their finest product. Try it before its gone if you can.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
joekinty (263) - rockledge, Florida, USA - MAR 2, 2009
Very nice Bock beer brewed by yuengling I had this at the tasting room in Tampa and was lucky to be givin two bottles handbottled by the brewmaster to share with friends. Nice fruity aromas and mouthfeel you will not be disapointed by this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
drseusszb200 (688) - Florida, USA - APR 7, 2009
alot better than expected taste of caremel sweet malty poured with a nice head and

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Pastor (796) - Skowhegan, Maine, USA - JUN 13, 2010
I wanted to try one of these so Thanks go out to a kind beer buddy who hooked me up. Poured into a Sam Adams glass It produced a finger worth of off white head that lasted a while then faded to a thin lace. The beer was a great chocolate brown in color body wise. I got good aromas of fresh bread and light roast in my nose. The flavor was bready and sweet with a light bitter finish. It was light and crisp in the mouth. If I closed my eyes I wouldnít have known this was a dark brew. It was very easy to drink and could easily session this one. I was quite impressed with this brew and would love to drink it again

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MattShizzle (540) - Bernville, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 30, 2010
Bottle. Dark copper color, clear. Pretty good. Fairly malty with some hop flavor, definite roasted flavor. Good carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Cakes (362) - New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2010
Worth waiting for. Knock a wall out in Pottsville and add another bottling line. They should be brewing this full time. A malt taste, pouring a dark caramel color. Tart. A real nice touch with that retro goat label.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
cazort (516) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 25, 2011
I was very excited when I saw this in the store; Yuengling has had the same beers for years and I had no idea that they had come up with a new creation. It did not disappoint. Much drier than the porter. Rich and malty, with only a slight hint of roast. Slight sweetness but much less than other bocks from mainstream American breweries. Faint sourness but not too much. Subdued but nuanced. I really like this beer, even though itís not the most complex dark beer Iíve had.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bstaff88 (8) - Cumberland, Maryland, USA - FEB 15, 2014 does not count
pour from a 12oz bottle. Dark copper color, off white head that a little more than 1 finger. leaves some lacing. Smell of toasty malt with caramel and some bread. Taste of sweet malt, caramel, with something almost biscuit. Very easy drinking Bock thatís not as BIG as most bocks. Good beer over all!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Guinness4Duff (515) - Tallahassee (and Poconos, PA), Florida, USA - JUN 27, 2009
On tap at the Icehouse in Punta Gorda, FL. Clear brown pour with a nice off white head. I was surprised by the hop aroma, very nice for a non-micro. Good flavor, malty and a nice bitter finish. Lighter than it looks, easy drinking. I really enjoyed this one.