overall

RATINGS: 456   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.38   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
A zesty hop aroma and a distinctive robust flavor.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 24, 2002
A sub-par ale from America’s oldest brewer. Fizzy, unremarkable, and bitter.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 12, 2002
Yuengling is 50-50 in my book so I wasn’t to disappointed when I took my first sip. No deal. I must of had a bad batch. Since I am a decent man and a forgiver I will give this beer another shot, but im not looking forward to it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Davhgbrew (927) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - MAY 10, 2002
You would think that the oldest brewery in America would have plenty of time to perfect their beer, this is not the case though. Very average ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Nate (3636) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 20, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 7, 2003 More hopped and slightly more carbed than the lager. Don't like it as well as the porter and about the same as the lager. Good value. Re-rate: OK, after a couple more, I do like it a bit more than the lager - what a difference in taste it made to pour it into a smaller glass rather than from the bottle. Nice lacing of the head left after the beer was gone.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
porter103499 (7) - USA - APR 19, 2002 does not count
ONe of my favorite ales. Fairly mild but a nice hop to it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Aurelius (4034) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 13, 2002
Wow, I was surprised by this beer. Lots of bittering hops. Very very slightly skunky, but not objectionable. The best Yuengling brew that I’ve had, much better than the porter or the lager (and I prefer porters to blonde ales). A very solid value for $4.99/6. From what I’ve heard, the Pennsylvania Yuengling brews are a good whack better than the Florida Yuengling brews. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but I spotted several cases of custom-ordered Chesterfields at my local package store, and when I found them in stock at another location, I understood why they were in demand.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DougBassett99 (6) - USA - APR 3, 2002 does not count
Hop-heavy lager (not really an ale, very crisp and refreshing, one of my favorite ’session beers’. Highly recommended.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Aubrey (3430) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - APR 1, 2002
Clear and light-golden. Surprisingly good. Big hop bitterness; crisp and bold with a relatively strong mouthfeel. Has a good ole fashioned ’beery’ flavor to it. Surprisingly rich malt coupled with some bitter hops... not unlike many real ’Pilsners’ out there. I’d drink it again no prob.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - MAR 18, 2002
Not as good as Yuengling’s Porter or Lager, not a bad ale although I prefer the offerings of such a brewery as Weyerbacher in terms of ales, and hoppiness. A bit more watery than I’d like for an ale, but still a pretty good offering from Yuengling.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 20, 2002
I found the aftertaste to be strong. Not the best but not the worst.