overall

RATINGS: 1019   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A dark brew, smooth and mellow, with a slight caramel flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DragonStout (1410) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JUN 19, 2003
Nice dark color when poured with a slight head.Went down smooth and feel this is one of those beers you can't have too much of.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
haddon90 (1606) - Costa Mesa, California, USA - JUN 17, 2003
Had this on draft. Not a true black and tan. It might have been a bad keg, but the taste wasn't that great. I'll stick with the true black and tan.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
maxwellplum (54) - USA - JUN 13, 2003
A nice offering from Yuenglin, a good session beer, I actually prefer it out of the bottle, it ages better than most Yuenglings. I often go out of my way for it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
StrataFM (5) - Reedy, West Virginia, USA - JUN 10, 2003 does not count
I really like this beer. I have a friend who is from Penn., and he brought down a 12 pack of this beer... I poured it out...beutiful color. The taste was great too. Very smooth...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
DubbelO7 (42) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 17, 2003
I was never big on Yuengling's Lager but the Porter has always been an interest of mine of locally brewed beer. This stuff is good for the money and I recently bought a case of 24 bottles and it was worth it . This is one of those high value for your money ratio kind of beers. Great with wide variety of foods it would seem as well .

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cobra (1100) - - MAY 16, 2003
Bought a 12 pack of this, mostly just to try. 12 oz. bottles. Poured out a dark, & I mean dark brown. No red highlights to this beer at all. Aromas are of chocolate malts, caramels, and hops, with a sweet lager yeast aroma as well. Tasted really good. Maltiness up front, with a decent hops bite in the middle, and a great, clean lager finish to it. Went down very smoothly. A great session beer in my book. I'm sure you'll like it if you try some.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
UNCCTF (518) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - APR 20, 2003
Nice mixture of malts with a slight hint of hops in the finish. Very smooth, yet has a complexity that keeps it from being boring.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2003
This would be great if it wasn't so thin. I've had thicker tapwater. Otherwise very smooth.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Shipman (48) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 7, 2003
Not a bad beer. I am not a favorite of black and tans. It is a pretty smooth dark beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
stimy0226 (1) - USA - MAR 31, 2003 does not count
i'm a big fan of this beer. Its great taste along witht he affordablity is key to this beer from america's oldest brewery