overall

RATINGS: 974   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A dark brew, smooth and mellow, with a slight caramel flavor.

CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - FEB 20, 2002
This stuff out of a tap is excellent. Great body and flavor.

oldmonk420 (26) - New York, USA - JUN 30, 2004
GO YUENGLING FAMILY!! This is MOS DEF one of my favorite beers!! PERFECT DARK BEER!! A yummy delicious delightful scentful aroma. A full favour, dark and caramel appearance kolor to it. Nice thick creamy taste to it. Makes me dRoOoOOooL.... One of my favorite beers I luv to supply to at parties!! Lots of complexity and uniquiness in taste like guniness. Old Monk gives it TWO THUMBS WAAAAY UP TO DA SKY!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! I LUV YOU YUENGLING!!

sammarsh13 (6) - USA - SEP 4, 2006 does not count
I really enjoy this beer. It has a great flavor and looks really good in a glass.

Beer,beeR (1) - USA - MAR 20, 2007 does not count
this is my #1 favorite beer. its a mix of lager and porter. a must try for dark beer lovers.

Hance07 (192) - DownSouth, Georgia, USA - JUL 8, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2007 Absolutely amazed by this beer. Nice deep roasted flavor yet light enough to knock em back. Alot of dark beers are to heavy on the stomach to drink more than a few but this one in my humble opinion is perfect. An absolute must try for anyone. Its a shame I have to go out of state to get some.

theoldpioneer (7) - Indiana, USA - JUL 10, 2014 does not count
Pours thick and brown, nice head. Drinks smooth and sweet, with a nice caramel finish. Best beer on earth IMHO.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
80skid (65) - New York, USA - DEC 6, 2002
Yuengling continues to impress me. This beer has a light yet distinct aroma with a smooth, rich taste. Has a big head but is definitely satisfying.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
KY_Beerhead (15) - - FEB 24, 2013
UPDATED: DEC 14, 2013 Caramel, nuts, roasty, resin, dough, earthy, black, cloudy, frothy, tan foam, heavy cloying sweetness, medium bitterness, medium sourness, full body, creamy, average carbonation, Found a 12-pack of these for $8.99 in Williamsburg VA this past summer. A bargain at any price. Highlight of my trip. My only complaint is that Yuengling isn’t sold anywhere around me.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
qwikstreet (43) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 10, 2002

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Audio (18) - san diego, California, USA - APR 15, 2004
OK, so a Black and Tan in a bottle??? I've had these before and they usually SUCK!!! But this one really kills em all. I mean not even in the same league. Maybe it's just the Yuengling Label. Seriously, there is something magical about that label.