overall

RATINGS: 2151   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ingevara (768) - SWEDEN - JUN 9, 2003
Bavarian style with a medium head, brownish color and a surprisingly deep aroma. It has a good balance between bitterness and sweetness; can kill thirst and tease the taste buds simultaneously. But it looks nothing like amber. It's brown!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bruno1378 (126) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 4, 2003
Ummmm....yeah. I dunno. Don't see much of this as far north as NH, I forgot where I got this one. Not a bad beer by any means, just sorta bland and normal. Better than most of the big name beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
fly (1394) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - JUN 4, 2003
More of a Chesterfield man myself. After a long day in a suit I was anxious for liquid relief. Okay, I admit I was drinking at the reception, but there was a visit with a great aunt after it. Too sweet for my taste. Just like I remembered it - watery, sweet, of tasting, just in the realm of palatable, but not by far. So glad to be done with it, out the door and off to better fare.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerMe23 (14) - bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2003 I am always surprised when people rave about Yuengling. I think the farther you are away from pennsylvania the more you might like the beer. I myself can barely finish a bottle anymore nothing special.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
roder60 (1280) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 30, 2003
UPDATED: APR 12, 2004 Great beer at a great price. Pours nicely either out of the bottle or on tap. Good head, nice aroma, and a smooth finish. I love the sweet balance to it too. Overall, a great beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
JMerritt (1744) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2003
Had on tap at Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney. A quite bland lager, ripe with all the worst features of American macros: light color, artificial head, corn aroma, bland flavor. (But man, the food at this restaurant was most excellent!)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
ivan9856 (187) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - MAY 28, 2003
Little aroma, but better than average appearance for a beer in this category; hops are almost wholly missing, and malt side is quite plain; slightly over carbonated but quite drinkable; light to medium body and dry texture and aftertaste. On the plus side, this lager beats the major labels hands down, is fairly priced, and has a storied history. If memory serves, I like the kegged product a bit better. In any format, although this beer won't win any accolades, I'll continue to choose it over similar offerings from A-B, Miller or Coors.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
plalo (5) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 28, 2003 does not count
My wife likes to call this the redneck bud of Philly. Surprisingly, it's spread beyond PA and lots of other people like it. I'm like many others when I say I enjoy it for it's historical nature (Oldest Brewery in America). As a beer it's good for tailgating or shlosh drinking. It can leave you very bloated but can get you going for a long time without having to endure the obliteration you might get from a barley wine or something! Pleasing middle of the road beer with nothing strong about it. Very little hops. Not very malty. Can be considered sweet tasting by some folks with stronger bitter buds on the tongue. For a mass produced, Big American Brewery competitor I rank it on the top of the list with the Buds, Coors, Michs and such.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 26, 2003
I was already somewhat lit when I tried this, but I truly enjoyed it. It was a nice light beer, which is what I needed at the time. Great flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Kinz (3188) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - MAY 22, 2003
Draft, after playing volleyball. Pours surprisingly dark for a lager, nice white head. Not much in the way of aroma. Decent balance on the palate, but overcarbonated. Taste isn't bad, but not great either. Not nearly as malty as the color would indicate, some hops, but very faint. Not even close to any continental lager, but beats Bud.