overall

RATINGS: 2335   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
seeknay36 (110) - DC, New York, USA - SEP 22, 2004
A good head, amber color, a bit malty. Real good and what more lagers should strive for. It may be cheap but if you are in Philly, do as the Phillians do......

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
WVUer21 (4) - Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 16, 2004 does not count
A local favorite, Yuengling is a staple at parties or gatherings. Great on tap. Very crisp and clean. Good flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tgrace01 (10) - USA - SEP 14, 2004
Great beer right out of Pennsylvania that has blossomed onto the national scene of late.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hmright (101) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 11, 2004
Another great PA brew. So pretty to drink out of the bottle. Nice Color, sweet, easily drank in gallons. A beer for the people. What it lacks in complexity, it makes up for in price, and drinkability. Fun beer I bring a case on the plane with me whenever i go back. (yes i am originally from PA and remember this from my youth!)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
grat (432) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 5, 2004
I was pleasently surprised by this beer. Drank from the bottle so I have no idea what color it was. Seemed to me to probably be slightly dark...I donít know. Flavor however is magnificent for a pale lager. Notes of chestnut, cream, mocha and mardsous 8. No really. This was like the light lager version of Maredsous 8. Pretty good. G-rat

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
davidCC (130) - New York, USA - AUG 30, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2008 This is a pretty good beer for itís price range, it has a very smooth taste and very little carbonation which is good for your beer guzzling needs. Not spectacular but still a great buy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mstockton (225) - Frankfurt, GERMANY - AUG 29, 2004
Good beer, but I liked it a lot more when I lived in Pa and drank it for $2 a pitcher during college. Canít get it in Michigan, but drink it in Florida...maybe it has spread too far now?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pineypower (3035) - Ocean County, New Jersey, USA - AUG 28, 2004
Used to be a lot better before it got this big. I used to walk into a place and ask for a Yuengling and people gave me odd looks. Now this stuff is at every dive bar around. Iíd drink it if I had to, but its really not my thing. Very over rated beer with a watered down hoppy taste and slight bitterness.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SirQuaffalot (7) - Glendora, New Jersey, USA - AUG 22, 2004 does not count
Ah Yuengling Lager, my old friend! Back in my college days (Go Owls!), this stuff could be had for $8.00 a case in PA (and it even came with a free bowl of soup). It was a staple in my fridge. I endured ridicule from my friends for drinking it. These are the selfsame chumps who now pay $18.00+ a case to swill this stuff. My how times have changed. This a VERY overrated beer. Itís taken on cult status with little regard given to the true merits of the beer. That said, it is a nice, crisp drink, but overall there is little to recommend it. You could serve it at a BBQ without fear of poisioning anyone. Suspect odor, a hint of malt and a dissapearing hops kick leaving you wanting more. The girls love it (which translates to you loving them after about a 6-pack). You could do much worse, but itís easy to do much better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - AUG 16, 2004
Fine foamy head, amber colored body. Sweet malty aroma, some flower and hop tones. Flavor has a malty ale caracter with toffee notes. Flavorfull and really good for a lager!