overall

RATINGS: 2282   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
zoidberg (25) - USA - APR 6, 2004
Probably the best among ultra-cheap ($7/12-pack) beers. Vastly superior to Bud/Coors, and only slightly more expensive. I've got nothing to say about it that hasn't been said below; it's just a good middle-of-the-road lager: mild and drinkable, a little bit sweet, but not as watery as other beers in its price range. A party favorite around here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - APR 3, 2004
Strong malt aroma more European than American, very clear amber color, nice up front sweet malty taste, maybe a little thin and not to carbonated, fuller and sweeter than a macro

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
pobenohne (504) - Northern Liberties, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2004
Green bottle with twist off cap. Copper colored brew with no head, reeks of corn. Goes down okay, but still lots of corn flavor and unpleasantly sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DocLock (8527) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 30, 2004
I've been drinking Dick Yuengling's beer since college (Zeno's in State College, PA, used to have $2.00 pitchers of lager and porter circa 1990) and it seems fitting to break my 100 review cherry with this beer. I actually got Dick to sign a poster for me in college, and he was one hell of a nice guy. I have always liked this beer, and it is encouraging for me to find out that it is taking off rapidly, expanding down the East Coast to Florida. On to the review. This beer pours light amber, with a medium head. The taste is slightly malty, slightly sweet. It's like a hybrid amber/golden ale, even though it is a lager. The finish is smooth. I agree about the skunk factor. Yuengling still uses a lot of green bottles (they use brown also, but brown costs a little more). In this day and age, there is no excuse for using green bottles, and that is my only real complaint with this beer (the same complaint I have about Pilsner Urquell). If you sample it, buy it in the heavy cardboard case (brown bottles). As a bonus, this beer continues to be one of the more affordable good beers in the world, and it kicks the shit out of Coors, Miller, and Budweiser. Try it....I guarantee you'll like it. It's one of the beers I have when I'm having more than one. Thanks for reading, and I'll see y'all at 200. DocLock

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
envane (568) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 28, 2004
Slighly better than the average american lager, it still looks better than it tastes. It has a bigger body and maltier taste than most of its ilk. Now if it only had some hops..

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
rhapsouldize (174) - Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2004
Amber in color with a thin off-white head that leaves barely any lace. Barely any hops. It was comparable to drinking colored water. It stayed well-carbonated, which may have been its only good attribute...besides its color, which is nice as well. I used to drink this beer a lot....but I now remember why I stopped.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Silphium (3188) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAR 18, 2004
This was one of the few "new" beers to be found in Florida panhandle liquor/beer stores. Just your basic everyday lager, with a touch of floral hoppiness and a refreshing character. Another decent campfire beer for sipping in between tastes of a few belgians (from a plastic glass, I must add).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
spkldhenlvr24 (517) - Newburgh/Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 18, 2004
Practically no head on this beer. Also no carbonation. A very full-bodied, amber appearance. I have to say that yuengling is great. Yuengling light makes my day too.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
FormerBeerGod (1) - Reading, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 17, 2004 does not count
I think this beer is a great mix of taste and affordability. It won't blow you away, but is a solid drinkable lager that can readily be found from Northern NJ through Central PA through Northern VA. Pick up a 6 pack and toss a few back.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ghostwheel (43) - Hauppauge, New York, USA - MAR 15, 2004
Just a solid good drinking beer. If you find yourself in a bar, especially NJ, and they have a limited beer menu, this is a solid choice. Great taste, chuggability and keeps you going back for more. A good beer!