RATINGS: 2294   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
SirBeer1963 (14) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 10, 2003
yuengling bought out the tampa Pabst plant and I did not think much till I tryed the beer and I was very suprised as it was not at all bad as a mild beer with a full body taste and a light but noticable hops

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
thedm (5205) - Fort Wayne, USA - AUG 6, 2003
This brew poured a small head of fine to mediumly sized off-white bubbles and a deep amber brown colored softly carbonated body. It had a very mild malt-hop flavor that was somewhat thin with a very mild malt or no discernable aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
YnotABeer (96) - Missouri, USA - AUG 4, 2003
was impressed with it on tap. went great with food. significantly better than most macrobrews and at the same price (although it's fairly difficult to find). seemed almost like an ale. smooth and well balanced; good amount of hops and just tastes nice and goes down happily.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DirtyD79 (41) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 3, 2003
Damn good beer. Has a nice taste and aftertaste isn't too bad. Definately one of the better beers on the market.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 3, 2003
Okay stuff, only moderately better than macroswill. Very metallic (from the can?) and light; not much taste. Gets a little sweet after 3 or 4 12oz. though, but without that nasty macro aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - JUL 27, 2003
I went to school in PA and this stuff was on tap everywhere. This was definitely my go-to beer. Screw Miller light and budweiser. Yeungling has a nice malt flavor and is CLEAN. Also looks a lot nicer than those other macro swills. I now live on the west coast and miss not having this on tap at every single bar I go to.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
egajdzis (5650) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 21, 2003 Amber color with decent white head (larger than I was expecting). Malty, diactyl flavor, actually has more flavor than other beers at this price. Going to school in Philly, we lived off this stuff, now its a treat when a friend's got it for free.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
maltdog (621) - Colorado, USA - JUL 24, 2003
Pours with a nice head, but collapses quickly. Nice copper-amber color. Lightly malty, metallic, surprisingly fruity aroma for a lager. Inoffensive hop bitterness. Fairly light-bodied. Not great, but far ahead of any megaswill. I would have preferred a little more hops all around. By the way, an excellent counterpart to hothot buffalo wings.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
noheinie4u (37) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 24, 2003
I agree with happy4hops...good cheap beer...good for parties or when you want to enjoy a lot...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUL 21, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2003 I know all too much about this "amber lager".When your broke my friends...1.25 a 22 oz. really does the trick.I'm sittin' here tryin to kill this half keg and I am truly convinced that yuengling is best represented in the brown 22 oz. bottles? Anyway smells like the best budweiser ever...tastes like bud with some hops(woo-hoo)less adjunk!Does have a dryness to it(from the hop use?)I think I've had too many of these in one lifetime and I'm worried this is just the start of it all.Always reccomended over BMC...Damn the use of corn in brewing but it does add a creamyish taste or somthin'? This one is a bit thin at times but is a pretty(amber gold) beer with a tease of lace that every macro-swill lover should try at some point.By the way the best "version" of this brew IS contained in brown 22 oz. bottles.Very good(a 2.9)if you ask me.Hoppier and fresher.