overall

RATINGS: 2194   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Sammys (428) - Portland, Maine, USA - OCT 31, 2002
I had this in the basement pub at St. Mary’s seminary in Baltimore. Its not a bad beer. The color seemed to actually come from the use of different malts, and it was rather tasty. Taste balanced out on the side of the malts for the most part.

Pikes2002 (4) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 30, 2002 does not count
Mmmm...Yuengling...Tall Dark & Smooth, just like my favorite men...oh, I mean beer. Now I don’t know about the rest of these chumps on here, but when I’m bowling, I like to have a seat after a frame and have a plastic cup of nice cold Zingling. Foosball for All. Go Pikes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
puc86 (19) - USA - OCT 26, 2002
Great beer for the price, but exceptionally unexceptional.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
gsmitty80 (1794) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 26, 2002
Great price in PA. Very light for a lager which makes it go down better than most. My second favorite of the yeungling brews next to porter. Worth a try for the money. Personally i like it a little better in bottles than on tap.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - OCT 26, 2002
Not bad, but not great either. The price is right though. Way too carbonated, with a big honkin’ head. Nothing too great in the flavor department, but not bad. Middle of the pack lager.

JerseysBeast (19) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 24, 2002
Easy drinkin and tasty. Its suprisingly light for a Lager, so I can drink more of it. Hmm, perhaps I should try its new Light brother.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Allseeingeye (223) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 22, 2002
Golden amber color. Thin spindly head. Malt, where’s the malt? If I were slumming this is what I would drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Scooter110199 (5) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 17, 2002 does not count
Great for the price. Takes the edge off the day better than more beers.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
FORTY DOGG (22) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 11, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 9, 2003 This is truly good beer, as a matter of fact, its one of the only normal beers I'll drink, I didn't know beer could actually taste good. Since it would be just plain fuckin wierd to sit down and kill a 40 of St. Ides, say at Red Lobster, or Olive Garden, like when I'm with my Bitch for instance, this would be my choice. I mean come on, I have a little class! Note; I Once bought Yuengling Premium Beer by mistake (they look similar), I will never confuse the two again!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
boto (1843) - Granby, Connecticut, USA - OCT 11, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2007 An excellent beer. A fine example of a lager beer. Doesn’t taste like the other commercial lagers for sale (ie doesn’t taste) the same as the rest). It’s great that this little brewer that has been here forever (literally) is finally getting noticed!