overall

RATINGS: 2335   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUL 21, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 24, 2003 I know all too much about this "amber lager".When your broke my friends...1.25 a 22 oz. really does the trick.I'm sittin' here tryin to kill this half keg and I am truly convinced that yuengling is best represented in the brown 22 oz. bottles? Anyway smells like the best budweiser ever...tastes like bud with some hops(woo-hoo)less adjunk!Does have a dryness to it(from the hop use?)I think I've had too many of these in one lifetime and I'm worried this is just the start of it all.Always reccomended over BMC...Damn the use of corn in brewing but it does add a creamyish taste or somthin'? This one is a bit thin at times but is a pretty(amber gold) beer with a tease of lace that every macro-swill lover should try at some point.By the way the best "version" of this brew IS contained in brown 22 oz. bottles.Very good(a 2.9)if you ask me.Hoppier and fresher.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 17, 2003
Before I tried this beer, I thought I was going to have to give it a rating from “My personal 4 prong rating scale for macro beers,” however luckily I did not. I believe that with this Yuengling Lager I have found a new personal “mass consumption beer;” you know, one of those beers you drink many of when watching football, or sitting around the pool. Overall, this was much better than anticipated, decent smooth flavorful macro Lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
EKGoldings (627) - Radford, Virginia, USA - JUL 16, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2008 No lager character to speak of, very mild hops and malt, metallic, slight cooked corn (DMS) taste. I couldn’t finish it. I have retasted this several times on tap and actually like the stuff.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
frogger (36) - reston, Virginia, USA - JUL 16, 2003
This is a great winter beer. Good price, full body, nice color. Not exactly something I would drink after mowing the lawn, but for Thanksgiving and Christmas reunions, this really makes them bearable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 14, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 18, 2003 This beer has an interesting nutty flavor which makes it quite unique for a lager. Not spectacular, but decent and better than most lagers. I've been drinking this one for years because it's from my original turf and it is definitely a distinctive lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
GPM (3) - USA - JUL 13, 2003 does not count
I drink a lot of this stuff and it doesn't give me very loud beer farts. Glen disagrees. It's a good beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BATLMULLET (127) - Highland, Indiana, USA - JUL 10, 2003
Very good for a macro-ish brewery (the oldest in America according to the literature). Nice light malty body. Unexpected hop character. Very ordinary, but better than most macro-styled lagers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jskendzel (602) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 8, 2003
Well for a mass produced lager this was better than most. Decent malt, not as thin as I would imagine. Quite light and decent carbonation. Nothing to rave about, but not terrible.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 7, 2003
Drank many of these vacationing in NC (Ocean Isle Beach), could not find anything that wasn't BMC. Good on a hot day and with food. Has a decent malty base with some mild hops at the finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
BBB63 (6526) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - JUL 5, 2003
On tap in Pittsburgh: Amber hue with no head or lace, thin to medium-bodied. Malty caramel nose with a light citrus undertone. Smooth, light hoppy bite. Fizzy and dry mouthfeel. Quaffable and refreshing. Just a ordinary beer.