overall

RATINGS: 2185   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
coopec (20) - Portland, Connecticut, USA - JUL 18, 2002
If had to buy Lawn Mower beer this would be the one. Nothing special but itís cold.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2002
About as low as Iíll go in beer, corn flavor stands out in malt profile

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
homebrewrules99 (37) - portsmouth, Virginia, USA - JUL 18, 2002
not to bad could be better but alrght just the same

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 16, 2002
RE-rate: had way too much of this at the beach. Iíve noticed that it gets too sweet after a couple. Fantastic. donít know why i can never find it in Ohio. A summertime favorite.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jpm8920 (152) - Park Ridge, New Jersey, USA - JUL 12, 2002
very good lager, thick and rich

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ClarkVV (3892) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 10, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 1, 2006 My favorite lager on tap! need i say more? yes. It has a wonderful crisp hoppy start, and leaves a pungent hoppy trail all through your mouth as it washes down and leaves traces of malt notes behind. Delicate yet strongly stated. wow.

Well I suppose Iím due for a rerate of this one. Iíve certainly had many many bottles of it since my first draught experience. It certainly is no 4.1 in bottles, being pasteurized and filtered and having a distinct, yeasty, green-apple and paper flavor/aroma, with some plastic.
I donít know, I strongly hold that the fresh draughts Iíve had at PIttsburgh airport were easily 4.1ís, but until I can get back and verify that with myself (having been a LONG time ago relative to my palate development), I suppose I should average the draught score with the bottled score.

Draught 7/4/9/4/17
Bottled 6/3/6/3/12
Overall is an average of the two.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - JUL 9, 2002
Intorduced to this by my cousin on tap. Interesting stuff, better than I expected.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
MartinT (7746) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 8, 2002
Salt and iron are not good things in a beer i.m.o….Are there some hops in this one, or just corn?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
stemcell00199 (21) - worcester, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 6, 2002
Ths is my lager of choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
SiddFinch (155) - Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 15, 2002
The blue collar lager. Amost every local, small-town bar in my area has this on tap which means I donít have to drink bud or coors when I go out any more. I still like Brooklyn Lager better, but this is still really good.