overall

RATINGS: 2219   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - JUL 9, 2002
Intorduced to this by my cousin on tap. Interesting stuff, better than I expected.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
MartinT (7956) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 8, 2002
Salt and iron are not good things in a beer i.m.o….Are there some hops in this one, or just corn?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
stemcell00199 (21) - worcester, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 6, 2002
Ths is my lager of choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
SiddFinch (155) - Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 15, 2002
The blue collar lager. Amost every local, small-town bar in my area has this on tap which means I don’t have to drink bud or coors when I go out any more. I still like Brooklyn Lager better, but this is still really good.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - JUN 14, 2002
After looking at the bottle, hearing its name, and finding out where it came from, i was apprehensive about its quality. Not much aroma (almost like eggs), decent yellow appearance, but it had this awesome spicey flavor which surprised me. Its finish was kind of bland and lacking, but that spice initially was very rewarding. Kinf od tangy yet sweet..hard to describe other than ’spicey’. For its price its worth it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ludi (32) - Reston, Virginia, USA - JUN 13, 2002
A solid value. Decent malty lager for little more than the budget brews. Surprisingly satisfying and rewarding. Also, economical and readily available which is a plus.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Dickinsonbeer (5077) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JUN 13, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2005 This stuff does a terrible number on me the next day if I have too much of this crap at the bar. It also pisses me off when people (mostly law-school kids) who order a "lager". They dont say yuengling they just say ill have a lager. I used to like this in college but I realized a while ago that this tuff is jsut as terrible as any macro swill.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 1, 2002
Good hoppy taste. Not as good as Lord CHesterfeild Ale tho.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 30, 2002
This is available just about anywhere I go. Decent hop aroma followed by a decent hop taste. Good everyday beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
NeroFiddled (105) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 23, 2002
To dispel some of the myths about ’Traditional Lager’: although it’s from the oldest ’continually operating’ brewery in the country, this beer wasn’t introduced until the late 1980’s. Additionally, although this lager has an amber color to it, that’s not due to any specialty malts. It’s simply a coloring added following fermentation. It’s still a good beer, although I’d rather enjoy their somewhat hoppy ’Lord Chesterfield’.