overall

RATINGS: 2282   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
hattrick6899 (16) - USA - AUG 31, 2002
Yeah, I’d have to say this is about as good of an acceable American beer you can get. Nice flavor and goes down easy. Forget Bud as king of beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - AUG 30, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 1, 2003 After drinking so many quality ales, I am slowly discovering that it takes a lot to impress me in a lager. Very bland and ordinary, this beer makes me think of the days of quarters and other drinking games. The best thing you can say is that this beer is smooth. The only aftertaste is when you belch.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
slinkymello (137) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - AUG 27, 2002
Not bad... not great; mild hops yes, slight maltiness... smooth, crisp and refreshing

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
stormking (23) - Cuddy, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 24, 2002
If Yeungling is considered a Macrobrew, then it is among the best AMERICAN macrobrews around. Has a faint hop, a little maltiness, no real distinctive flavors that would draw me to it if someone described it to me. Inexpensive, good beer for the common tongue.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
benzim (36) - USA - AUG 21, 2002
Not bad at all. Much better than their dark beers, which have a wierd, sour/bitter flavor. Just a basic clean lager...not exciting, but not bad. Reminds me of the old German American Cincinnati beers I cut my teeth on, like Christian Moerlein and Hudy Gold. No skunkiness present in my sample. While I have had skunky beer from a clear bottle on occasion (Hobgoblin), I think that the negative effects of green bottles are vastly overrated.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
mribm (458) - Ocala, Florida, USA - AUG 20, 2002
My beer distributor in NY had me buy some of this for him when I went to Pa. I had to try it to see what was so special. The answer was nothing. First...I HATE CLEAR BOTTLES...they make for skunky beer if exposed to the light. Second, this beer was only a step above Budweiser...which isn’t good. No malt or hop flavor. Just your typical cheap beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Suttree (5543) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 19, 2002
Better than most majors, but still only slighty above average.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - AUG 18, 2002
Nothing better than average, and that is a stretch. This beer is definatly overrated. The aromaa is skunky the head is minimal and the flavor is in the same category as all of the macro lagers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
arstrauser99 (1) - USA - AUG 15, 2002 does not count
From bear pong to baseball games to the dinner table, this is one of the most drinkable and afordable american lagers. Light enough to spend your night with a case of it, yet satisfying enough to enjoy just one glass.... I love this beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ARMed (622) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 11, 2002
Almost perfect amber hue. Good pouring lager with a nice malty head. Smooth, crisp, clear, consise, yet not overly dominating. Perfect at a baseball game at a barbeque or at a tailgate. Very drinkable and excellent with either steak or fish. Good for the ladies who like a nice beer that’s not too heavy or dark.