overall

RATINGS: 2185   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - DEC 19, 2001
On the occasions I have had Yuengling Lager, I have truly enjoyed it. A nice, dark caramel color with a full, rich taste for a lager. Its too bad that its not available in Michigan. A fine American Lager. Easily better than BudMilloors.

crusader99 (4) - Kulpmont, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2001 does not count
Being from the Coal Region in PA, where this is made, I grew up drinkin this stuff. Its by far my favorite beer and the only reason I dont drink it more often is because I am a struggling college student.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
ohknaks (44) - USA - DEC 7, 2001
One of my friends always raved about this beer so I just had to give it a try. Definatly an over rated brew. Love Lager, hate this beer. extremely bland for me. Many people like it, just not for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
soulrefugee (46) - Illinois, USA - DEC 4, 2001
Hey. Just got to Pennsylvania my first time on business, and tried this stuff cause the bottle looked nice and it was cheap and the deli guy said it was good and he seemed like he was telling the truth. He was right. This is good. It reminds me of Heineken kind of. Definitely richer than the Bud’s, the Miller’s and what-not. I was not dissappointed. Also tried their Porter, just as cheap, but even more flavor and and even more surprised how good it was. Definitely do this beer. Its worthy of drinking lots of.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
whateverlol99 (7) - USA - DEC 4, 2001 does not count
hands down the best thing out there. I stand by this stuff like I stand by the liquor store every morning waiting for it to open. So you can go ahead and drink your premium imports but if you want real quality come to Pa and sample Pottsville’s finest

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Norton (328) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 4, 2001
For an easy to find lager that’s a little more complex than the standards.... ain’t bad! Get it on tap if you get the chance - a rarity here in VA but up in PA just about every bar has this stuff on tap. Slightly complex, very enjoyable. Even the chicks drink it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jstu9 (402) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 2, 2001
I rated this a 1.2 on 4/7. This is a pretty common beer ’round these parts. This is not a great beer but it’s better than a 1.2 which I would put as Budweiser territory. This is just a below average beer. It has much more flavor than something like Bud or Rolling Rock but pales in comparison to something that is actually good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Elcarion99 (21) - Tampa, Florida, USA - NOV 29, 2001
A good, smooth lager beer with a slight hop taste. Best on tap but good in the bottle.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
bigmattiem (12) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 26, 2001
This beer is a bit overrated, it is ok, a better choice than the standard American Macro brews, but sill overrated.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
lagerman99 (66) - USA - NOV 26, 2001
A few nostalgia points for this one - it actually has character though it may be a cantakerous one.