overall

RATINGS: 2179   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GrooveDaddy (15) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
A good, reasonably priced brew that’s increasing in availability. I first discovered Yuengling in early 2007; I was between jobs at the time and on a budget, so I had to get something affordable, yet I didn’t want to go back to crap like Miller High Life. Enter Yuengling Traditional Lager; a beer with spicy notes of pine that’s of a reasonably high quality. I remember that night as if it were yesterday; I was at the Publix on hwy 150 in Hoover, and some black lady was looking for some beer, and noticed a 12-pack of Yuengling bottles; she said, "I think I’ll try some of dat young-ling." My curiosity was piqued; I decided to also give it a shot, and I’m glad I did. I prefer this beer in cans as opposed to bottles, as it can go bad in bottles much quicker; there are two gas stations about 3 minutes from where I live that both carry it in 12-packs of cans; just get you one of them, and some chips & dip (with a steak to cook later) and you’re all set for your Sunday night TV (Fox’s cartoons, AMC’s The Walking Dead, Showtime’s Dexter, HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, etc), or to catch up on your DVR’ed episodes of Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story Asylum, Star Trek reruns, etc. All in all, it’s an economic alternative when you still must insist upon quality in a good beer......

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
htzpah (70) - - JUL 5, 2014
There's something unique about Americas oldest independent brewer...I think it's toasted.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
FestDecBeet (79) - - JUL 4, 2014
Look: pours a dark amber. Small head that doesn't stick around long. Smell: dark fruits. Apples, cherries. Taste: very fruity. Heavy malt. Feel: light carbonation. Light and refreshing. Overall: good beer to drink when you want something light. First drank: 7/4/14 mom and dad's

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
brokensail (10530) - Orange County, California, USA - JUL 2, 2014
Bottle @ Presidential Suite. Think John brought a few of these and just left them in out room. Orange pour with a short lived white head. Slight toasted grain and some decent bready malt. Slight soap, grass, and spice. Flavor is pleasantly sweet, though a bit watery. Some bread, grain, and a little sugar. Soapy hops and mild bitterness. Slight bitterness. Crushable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
moderrnlifeiswar (49) - Maryland, USA - JUL 1, 2014
.................................................. via Beer Buddy for iPhone

1.3
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
MrWomey (30) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUN 30, 2014
Basic American lager. It has a light to medium body and is somewhat refreshing but with largely cereal characteristics. I know a bit more about beer these days, but when I was still a "lager-lover" this was my go-to brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jgrantskis (2) - - JUN 28, 2014 does not count
This isn’t a bad beer, but by no means great. This is perfect when funds are low...a good lawnmower beer. Better than all those other mass produced beers. Way better in the can than the bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
RussianDragon (284) - - JUN 27, 2014
On tap at Ledo. Thanks Justin! Pours a clear light yellow, with quickly fading head that left moderate lacing. Aroma is overall mild, and is mainly lager sweetness with slight toasted malt notes. Flavor is simple lager, with a corn sweetness. Thin body, sweet finish. Amazing to think that I bought this by the case when I lived in Philadelphia.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TXBadger (1217) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 27, 2014
Pours a nice clear amber color with off-white head. Cereal grains and some malt on the nose; follows onto the palate. Decent, but average.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Jimsal27 (205) - New York, USA - JUN 14, 2014
really nothing great about this beer. tastes like dirty dish water. dont think i will be drinking this again anytime soon.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
sturmthis (333) - Ohio, USA - MAY 30, 2014
On draft. Cooper color with one finger head. Aroma is bready. Bread and caramel taste. Smooth finish. Decent.