overall

RATINGS: 2228   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GrooveDaddy (16) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
A good, reasonably priced brew that’s increasing in availability. I first discovered Yuengling in early 2007; I was between jobs at the time and on a budget, so I had to get something affordable, yet I didn’t want to go back to crap like Miller High Life. Enter Yuengling Traditional Lager; a beer with spicy notes of pine that’s of a reasonably high quality. I remember that night as if it were yesterday; I was at the Publix on hwy 150 in Hoover, and some black lady was looking for some beer, and noticed a 12-pack of Yuengling bottles; she said, "I think I’ll try some of dat young-ling." My curiosity was piqued; I decided to also give it a shot, and I’m glad I did. I prefer this beer in cans as opposed to bottles, as it can go bad in bottles much quicker; there are two gas stations about 3 minutes from where I live that both carry it in 12-packs of cans; just get you one of them, and some chips & dip (with a steak to cook later) and you’re all set for your Sunday night TV (Fox’s cartoons, AMC’s The Walking Dead, Showtime’s Dexter, HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, etc), or to catch up on your DVR’ed episodes of Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story Asylum, Star Trek reruns, etc. All in all, it’s an economic alternative when you still must insist upon quality in a good beer......

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
pecksheeh (20) - IRELAND - DEC 15, 2014
Bottle. Little aroma and blandish taste - some floral hops? Standard anywhere lager. Drinkable and forgettable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
GreatDane1632 (607) - USA - DEC 12, 2014
Florida outdoor drink of choice -- clear brown with more aroma than typical light American lagers. Same goes with flavor, more malt presence but still light and easily drinking to be refreshing. Little to no hop presence as well to keep this a sessionable beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jsporrer (24) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 6, 2014
Served at almost all local restaurants and bars. I tried it once at Outback to change things up a bit. I was pleasantly surprised. It has a medium amber to light caramel color and is somewhat carbonated like most American beers. It went well with the meal and didn’t have any harsh or bad aftertaste. I prefer this to most other mainstream American beers like Bud, Miller, Coors, etc.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kingofthemtn (5) - - DEC 4, 2014 does not count
Poured from can into my trusty dbtd (downhill beer transport device), aka mug with a handle. Echoing others, has a color that is more amber/copper than the typical yellow lager. Tasty malt flavor with minimal hop flower to get in the way. As a fan of lagers this has a permanent place in my refrigerator in between cans of bud and bottles of german import.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
micahb (14) - - NOV 29, 2014
Never had a Bud, but assume this is a standard, mass produced American beer. I thought it was disgusting and had bad egg-like smell and taste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
miyauchi38 (355) - chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 14, 2014
みず うすいアンバ&

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
CraftBeerNick (996) - London Town, Greater London, ENGLAND - NOV 11, 2014
Can at Animal Kingdom, 10th November 14. Muck in every way left this to evaporate

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mikem409 (1612) - bloomfield, Michigan, USA - NOV 10, 2014
Tap. Pours light orange white head. Aroma of cereal and sugar. Taste is refreshing and light.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Frothmeister (587) - Ontario, CANADA - NOV 9, 2014
12 fl oz bottle. Pours a clear amber with a light beige head. Sweet dusty malt notes, white bread, and a light mineral scent on the nose. As for taste, more body on the palate than I was expecting, but sweet with caramel, domestic beer notes galore, into a taste that makes me think of the smell of pencils, VERY light bitterness, and some orange pekoe in the finish. Not awful, but too sweet for a return visit, and tastes far too much like a domestic lager to get excited about.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
eduardovl (961) - SWITZERLAND - OCT 25, 2014
330ml served in a pint glass. A: Pours a clear amber color forming a small white bubbled with low retention and practically no lacings left in the glass. S: Very malty. Mix of sweet pale malts and caramel malts. Notes of corn. Flowery hops. T: Sweet malts upfront. Slightly sweet taste. Notes of corn and cardboard. A bit metallic. Moderate bitterness. Grassy hops profile. M: Light body and moderate carbonation. Malty and a bit grassy aftertaste. O: Medium drinkability. Not impressive Lager