overall

RATINGS: 2282   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GrooveDaddy (16) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
A good, reasonably priced brew thatís increasing in availability. I first discovered Yuengling in early 2007; I was between jobs at the time and on a budget, so I had to get something affordable, yet I didnít want to go back to crap like Miller High Life. Enter Yuengling Traditional Lager; a beer with spicy notes of pine thatís of a reasonably high quality. I remember that night as if it were yesterday; I was at the Publix on hwy 150 in Hoover, and some black lady was looking for some beer, and noticed a 12-pack of Yuengling bottles; she said, "I think Iíll try some of dat young-ling." My curiosity was piqued; I decided to also give it a shot, and Iím glad I did. I prefer this beer in cans as opposed to bottles, as it can go bad in bottles much quicker; there are two gas stations about 3 minutes from where I live that both carry it in 12-packs of cans; just get you one of them, and some chips & dip (with a steak to cook later) and youíre all set for your Sunday night TV (Foxís cartoons, AMCís The Walking Dead, Showtimeís Dexter, HBOís Boardwalk Empire, etc), or to catch up on your DVRíed episodes of Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story Asylum, Star Trek reruns, etc. All in all, itís an economic alternative when you still must insist upon quality in a good beer......

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
bnokk (275) - Ohio, USA - JUL 25, 2015
NOTES - perfectly average beer, pretty good for a lager. Itís heritage speaks volumes.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
StueyD (1438) - Heacham, Norfolk, ENGLAND - JUL 22, 2015
A mid Amber coloured beer with a weak white head. The aroma is light, floral and fruity. Dry mouthfeel. The taste is quite fruity and floral, the fruitiness giving a touch of bitterness that the floral hop balances out, with the help of a background maltiness. A short finish. Draught @ Arthurís, Hoboken, New Jersey.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Worsenma (45) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - JUL 12, 2015
It is what it is. However, if I'm going to have a traditional lager this is the one I'm having. Pretty good for a Pilsner type lager. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jow (2703) - New York, USA - JUL 10, 2015
My first job after college I moved to philly area a place Iíd never been and knew no one. My boss told me this was the beer all Pennsylvanians drank Iíd never heard of. 12 years later my father inlaw stocks this plenty and I always drink a few and finally decided to rate after probably hundreds of them under my belt. Light Brownish pour. Nose is grassy some malt. Tastes of malt, grass, caramel, cardboard. Thin watery.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Padron4KM (664) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - JUN 24, 2015
12 oz green bottle. Clear amber, soapy tan head that dissipates pretty quickly, leaving very little lace.
Caramel malt and cereal grains dominate the aroma. Flavor is sweet caramel, with the slightest hint of hops. Not offensive, but not very memorable either.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Larry_Duffman (84) - - JUN 20, 2015
I had it from the bottle. The taste is a hint of caramel and malt. If itís nice and cold, itís decent and inoffensive. You certainly could do worse.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Hiero (161) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 20, 2015
This is like a budweiser with some caramel flavoring. Smooth, light, closer to a light than a regular beer. Because of its lack of availability compared to some of the other beers, it rates a little higher, but there is nothing interesting in the taste. On the good side, it is very drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Ahuth (24) - - JUN 13, 2015
As much as I like a good lager. This lager I feel is light and much flavor.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
wattoclone (11) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 13, 2015
Yuengling "Lager" is commonly found in Pennsylvania. On draft at a baseball game it is good. As a Vienna style lager it is just ok.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
trapped (1367) - New York, TURKEY - JUN 10, 2015
Draught. Clear rich amber color with small foamy beige head, crisp malt aroma, high carbonation, slightly toasted malt taste. abrupt finish.Quite good for a lager.