overall

RATINGS: 2200   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
finewinematt (8) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - SEP 13, 2011 does not count
Not bad for being on the same price tier as the other big name American Macros. Amber color, richer flavor than ANY of the other mass produced pale lagers. Longer finish and more satisfying aftertaste. Decent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
bstaff88 (8) - Cumberland, Maryland, USA - MAR 2, 2014 does not count
Poured a 12oz can into a Samuel Adams Glass. Appearance: Awesome copper/orange hue. It is clear with carbonation visible. Pours a nice 2 finger white, soapy head that disappears rather quickly The beer leaves minor lacing. Smell: Some slight caramel, Slight sweet malt nothing strong. Something that I describe as a Yuengling smell I guess its some kind of adjunct. . Taste: This is how a lager should taste like. very clean, refreshing with some sweet malt, caramel and toffee. Could use a bit more hops to take it to the next level. Very good flavors from a brewer thatís been doing this since 1829! Drinkability: Beer is very easy drinking its only 4.4% ABV so that is understandable but when you think of the flavor its seems it should have around 5.5%. Its drinks like a light beer with full beer flavor. For sure a sessionable beer. when you think of the price I donít know it doesnít outperform the BMC beers. A great option from Americaís oldest brewery,

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Indy99 (7) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 19, 2001 does not count
Okay lager with a decent bite. Itís a good alternative to the Bud and Miller you are stuck with at most PA bars. I drank it till I moved to the great Northwest and realized how many better beers exist on this planet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jmdrpi99 (7) - Troy, New York, USA - OCT 10, 2001 does not count
i wish we could buy it up here in new york

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
whateverlol99 (7) - USA - DEC 4, 2001 does not count
hands down the best thing out there. I stand by this stuff like I stand by the liquor store every morning waiting for it to open. So you can go ahead and drink your premium imports but if you want real quality come to Pa and sample Pottsvilleís finest

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
deftrager99 (7) - Grantham, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002 does not count
Pretty good out of the tap. Iíve never drank it out of the bottle.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SirQuaffalot (7) - Glendora, New Jersey, USA - AUG 22, 2004 does not count
Ah Yuengling Lager, my old friend! Back in my college days (Go Owls!), this stuff could be had for $8.00 a case in PA (and it even came with a free bowl of soup). It was a staple in my fridge. I endured ridicule from my friends for drinking it. These are the selfsame chumps who now pay $18.00+ a case to swill this stuff. My how times have changed. This a VERY overrated beer. Itís taken on cult status with little regard given to the true merits of the beer. That said, it is a nice, crisp drink, but overall there is little to recommend it. You could serve it at a BBQ without fear of poisioning anyone. Suspect odor, a hint of malt and a dissapearing hops kick leaving you wanting more. The girls love it (which translates to you loving them after about a 6-pack). You could do much worse, but itís easy to do much better.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Diode (7) - USA - JAN 12, 2005 does not count
I remember when Yuengling was a beer snobbish as I could get as a teenager. Itís better than all the big macrobrews thatís for sure. As Iíve gotten older (and legally able to purchase whatever I want), my taste for the pale ales has certainly diminished rapidly. However, if I had to choose one, good olí Yuengling would be it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
MJPilsener (7) - Shamong, New Jersey, USA - JAN 24, 2005 does not count
I live in PA and I get fresh lager everywhere. The taste is undiscribable it is so good, but the gas pass the next day does not make my girlfriend happy

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
shanekrout (7) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 2, 2005 does not count
Very good lager! Aroma is not very aggresive. Appearance is light amber and very clear. Flavor is decent and mildly hopped. Finishes clean. This is a staple for many area bars.