overall

RATINGS: 2286   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
pokey1228 (10) - USA - FEB 19, 2002
This is my favorite ’anytime’ beer. I recently had the wonderful experience of purchasing a keg of this and it was fantastic. Especially at a cheaper price than Bud or Miller.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
chong (10) - Ligonier, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 10, 2002
the ling has that dark amber color that all top noch lagers should have and the taste is great

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
BOCCALO (10) - USA - JUL 30, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2003 This is a very good lager, uh...yeh has a deep amber color...and umm nice hop character,,yeah thats it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
greghate (10) - Parkesburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 23, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2013 I guess I’m just biased, being from SE Pennsylvania this is THE staple beer. I’ve tried hundreds of others, but I always come back to this one. Always smooth and balanced, your first one is always as good as the twelth of the evening. Oldest continuously operating brewery in America, you gotta love it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tgrace01 (10) - USA - SEP 14, 2004
Great beer right out of Pennsylvania that has blossomed onto the national scene of late.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
wirko (10) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - JUL 12, 2005
I really enjoy drinking this beer. It is a good beer to have while manning the grill or hanging out with friends. It is easy drinking, not too strong with little to no after taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
reggiekoko (10) - saint augustine, Florida, USA - JUN 11, 2007
What a wonderful brew. I fell in love with this stuff in the 80s when it started to be distributed outside of Pennsylvania. Great taste: well- balanced and malty with trace of hops. Marvelous amber color adds to the enjoyment. I am so happy that we get this great beer down in sunshine land. This remains my beer of choice after many many years.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cole23 (10) - USA - JUN 28, 2007
This was the first beer that I had that I really really enjoyed. A friend of mine who lives in Lancaster, PA told me about it and talked me into trying it. Glad he did. Carbonation is just right, not too much and not too little. Very drinkable, and one I will return to again and again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
celebravar (10) - USA - JAN 19, 2008
this beer is just simply a great everyday beer. cant beat the price for the quality either. not an overpowering flavor. but hey its a cheap macro that tastes like... beer sweet

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
edect (10) - Imperial, Missouri, USA - OCT 23, 2009
Excellent brew. Pleasing color, nice lacing. Very crisp, with as clean a finish I have ever had. Given the color, I was expecting a heavier, more bitter flavor, but I was pleasantly surprised. It may be a bit too light for some tastes, and those who prefer their beer to have the consistency of syrup and the taste of dirty socks soaked in malt might be disappointed.