overall

RATINGS: 2270   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

wr399 (8) - USA - MAY 2, 2002 does not count
One of my favorites of all time. From the USA’s oldest continually operating brewery, they have had a long time to get it right. Its not a light beer buy any means and is not so heavy that its going to ruin your appetite. Very little bitterness to this beer and may not be “hopy” enough for some but all around a delightful lager.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
manshow (8) - Spokane, Washington, USA - APR 9, 2004 does not count
A nice amber color wrapped in the nice green bottle. Slightly off white and a small head. The initial taste may be slightly bitter. The overall flavor is tastefully sweet. This may be one of the best lagers out there for the price. Watch out Bud, Miller and Coors here comes a new competator in a class of its own. No longer do lagers have to be blonde and watered down. Overall there is not much if any at all better than Yuengling's smooth Traditional Lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
gerbache (8) - Oakland, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005 does not count
Seemed really bland and tasteless. It’s drinkable, but not particularly memorable. I suppose it’s good for quenching the thirst, but I don’t think I’d buy this myself.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
brg898s (8) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - APR 12, 2005 does not count
This is a great "light" lager. It has a very nice balance of amber hues and flavor, but is light enough that you can drink it on the beach or have several at a time.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CAPTRON (8) - POQUOSON, Virginia, USA - SEP 13, 2007 does not count
Whenever I need an inexpensive beer with taste, I will almost always choose a Yuengling Lager. Unlike other mass produced American Lagers, Yuengling has the nose and taste of beer as opposed to something resembling cardboard. This is a very refreshing beer for a hot day and goes quite well with a burger on the grill or a pizza. One quick note...I have found this beer to be best from a can

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TheEmperor (8) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 10, 2008 does not count
Stronger than most American beers. This has a light hop flavor with a slight hint of sour that I feel adds to the charm. The medium to full body is very well balanced. A good beer, but an amazing beer for the price.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
geherald (8) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JUL 27, 2008 does not count
It’s a lager, plain and simple. Nothing to write home about, but good enough to drink when I can find it and nothing else. Light and refreshing and definitely better than the macro lagers. Its my beer of choice when I am stuck in Rural PA, visiting my parents.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 3/20
ausleerenstein (8) - knoxville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 24, 2008 does not count
best american beer for the money. 1st beer i ever drank it was good then it’s still good now particularly on a hot day after twisting wrenches in my driveway.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ZeidleBrew (8) - , Connecticut, USA - OCT 22, 2008 does not count
One of the best beers of its kind. Slightly deeper color than most pale lagers, along with a richer flavor and smoother finish. Not sold in CT, so I make a point of grabbing a case any time I’m in NY or MA.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Engelond (8) - Aliquippa, USA - MAY 11, 2010 does not count
I was introduced to this beer several years ago by my son. Two years ago I moved to PA (no, not because of the beer). This is truly a delicious American Lager, albeit a mass production style. Light in all its assets but made for drinkability. Very nice color, head and malty flavor. It is the perfect beer for parties, ball games, or anything requiring activilty because it doesn’t fill you up and the carbonation is refreshing.