overall

RATINGS: 2315   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
greghate (10) - Parkesburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 23, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2013 I guess I’m just biased, being from SE Pennsylvania this is THE staple beer. I’ve tried hundreds of others, but I always come back to this one. Always smooth and balanced, your first one is always as good as the twelth of the evening. Oldest continuously operating brewery in America, you gotta love it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
tgrace01 (10) - USA - SEP 14, 2004
Great beer right out of Pennsylvania that has blossomed onto the national scene of late.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
edect (10) - Imperial, Missouri, USA - OCT 23, 2009
Excellent brew. Pleasing color, nice lacing. Very crisp, with as clean a finish I have ever had. Given the color, I was expecting a heavier, more bitter flavor, but I was pleasantly surprised. It may be a bit too light for some tastes, and those who prefer their beer to have the consistency of syrup and the taste of dirty socks soaked in malt might be disappointed.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
sdj5 (10) - , New York, USA - NOV 6, 2009
It’s one of those beers that is ranked above the standard brews, but it does not do enough to receive much praise. Very clean finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
ssb2much (10) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 6, 2011
this is beer gets underrated the further away from pottsville pa you get. this is a valid gripe because the taste and feel of the beer from a fresh keg in pennsylvania is absolutely fantastic

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
gess4221 (10) - , Michigan, USA - NOV 5, 2011
Pours a clear copper. Thin, disappearing white head. Not a lot to offer in terms of aroma. Well balanced taste with a slightly bitter finish following initial malty flavor. Light bodied with a thin texture. Slightly above average carbonation. Nothing spectacular overall, but in relation to the style and given its price.....awesome bargain. Buying a case of this is definitely money well spent.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Hops4MyHips (10) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Will I ever find a lager I kinda like? I mean, when I’m at a bar, playing pool, this is the best by far of some options that make me give the spontaneous "stink-face". Best part of this beer is its appearance. Honestly, it’s the color of a bud bottle with a mild ruddy hue. Little, but lingering head. Not off putting wheaty/caramely but typical sour wift on the backside. We just go further downhill when we get to flavor. Tolerable, when you’re in an environment that requires beer. Sweet malt, then sour-ick. Oh brother. I’m tired of writing about this beverage. Basically, the least of all evils at this bar.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
egrivner (10) - Oreland, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 22, 2012
This used to by my go to beer before I grew up and learned about real beer. Would I ever buy it again...probably not. However, I would not turn away from it if a cold one was handed to me. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
bobbert (10) - - MAR 3, 2014
Probably one of the best "mass-produced" beers available. Always has a good poor, with a nice dark appearance to it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
lumber_jack32 (10) - - MAR 15, 2015
Dude I love this brew. Wish I had it up in Michigan. Easy and smooth to drink. Wish it had a better head.