overall

RATINGS: 2279   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Engelond (8) - Aliquippa, USA - MAY 11, 2010 does not count
I was introduced to this beer several years ago by my son. Two years ago I moved to PA (no, not because of the beer). This is truly a delicious American Lager, albeit a mass production style. Light in all its assets but made for drinkability. Very nice color, head and malty flavor. It is the perfect beer for parties, ball games, or anything requiring activilty because it doesnít fill you up and the carbonation is refreshing.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Narf (8) - USA - MAY 23, 2010 does not count
A regional beer I get a kick out of when I travel to the area. Itís pretty good not fantastic. One of those beers that will keep the party going after you ran out of the good stuff.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
finewinematt (8) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - SEP 13, 2011 does not count
Not bad for being on the same price tier as the other big name American Macros. Amber color, richer flavor than ANY of the other mass produced pale lagers. Longer finish and more satisfying aftertaste. Decent.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Indy99 (7) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 19, 2001 does not count
Okay lager with a decent bite. Itís a good alternative to the Bud and Miller you are stuck with at most PA bars. I drank it till I moved to the great Northwest and realized how many better beers exist on this planet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jmdrpi99 (7) - Troy, New York, USA - OCT 10, 2001 does not count
i wish we could buy it up here in new york

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
whateverlol99 (7) - USA - DEC 4, 2001 does not count
hands down the best thing out there. I stand by this stuff like I stand by the liquor store every morning waiting for it to open. So you can go ahead and drink your premium imports but if you want real quality come to Pa and sample Pottsvilleís finest

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
deftrager99 (7) - Grantham, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002 does not count
Pretty good out of the tap. Iíve never drank it out of the bottle.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SirQuaffalot (7) - Glendora, New Jersey, USA - AUG 22, 2004 does not count
Ah Yuengling Lager, my old friend! Back in my college days (Go Owls!), this stuff could be had for $8.00 a case in PA (and it even came with a free bowl of soup). It was a staple in my fridge. I endured ridicule from my friends for drinking it. These are the selfsame chumps who now pay $18.00+ a case to swill this stuff. My how times have changed. This a VERY overrated beer. Itís taken on cult status with little regard given to the true merits of the beer. That said, it is a nice, crisp drink, but overall there is little to recommend it. You could serve it at a BBQ without fear of poisioning anyone. Suspect odor, a hint of malt and a dissapearing hops kick leaving you wanting more. The girls love it (which translates to you loving them after about a 6-pack). You could do much worse, but itís easy to do much better.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Diode (7) - USA - JAN 12, 2005 does not count
I remember when Yuengling was a beer snobbish as I could get as a teenager. Itís better than all the big macrobrews thatís for sure. As Iíve gotten older (and legally able to purchase whatever I want), my taste for the pale ales has certainly diminished rapidly. However, if I had to choose one, good olí Yuengling would be it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
MJPilsener (7) - Shamong, New Jersey, USA - JAN 24, 2005 does not count
I live in PA and I get fresh lager everywhere. The taste is undiscribable it is so good, but the gas pass the next day does not make my girlfriend happy