overall

RATINGS: 2179   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jtclockwork (7897) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 13, 2010
Amber yellow pour in glass. Nose and taste of light malts and barley. Rated 1/13/2000

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
3fourths (7858) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - AUG 20, 2006
When had on draft it’s really not too bad, but most likely because I’m not in beer-geek mode and rather just enjoying drinking beer with whatever food is being had. Anyways, this beer does seem to have some decent hop character when I tried it, and overall it tasted fresh. Not complex, not really that interesting, but far from being terrible tasting. Light and oily, fizzy texture. Lightly sweet flavors of maple and grassy hops. Decent but you basically know it’s not going to be too impressive.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BMan1113VR (7813) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUN 4, 2010
Green bottle with much thanks to bu11zeye (and angrypirate06). Pours with a clear, light copper-amber body and a fading white head. Aroma is sweet, corn, caramel, nutty. Taste is water, nuts and caramel. Not entirely offensive. Lively bubbles, dry and watery finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DocLock (7697) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 30, 2004
I've been drinking Dick Yuengling's beer since college (Zeno's in State College, PA, used to have $2.00 pitchers of lager and porter circa 1990) and it seems fitting to break my 100 review cherry with this beer. I actually got Dick to sign a poster for me in college, and he was one hell of a nice guy. I have always liked this beer, and it is encouraging for me to find out that it is taking off rapidly, expanding down the East Coast to Florida. On to the review. This beer pours light amber, with a medium head. The taste is slightly malty, slightly sweet. It's like a hybrid amber/golden ale, even though it is a lager. The finish is smooth. I agree about the skunk factor. Yuengling still uses a lot of green bottles (they use brown also, but brown costs a little more). In this day and age, there is no excuse for using green bottles, and that is my only real complaint with this beer (the same complaint I have about Pilsner Urquell). If you sample it, buy it in the heavy cardboard case (brown bottles). As a bonus, this beer continues to be one of the more affordable good beers in the world, and it kicks the shit out of Coors, Miller, and Budweiser. Try it....I guarantee you'll like it. It's one of the beers I have when I'm having more than one. Thanks for reading, and I'll see y'all at 200. DocLock

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
MartinT (7677) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 8, 2002
Salt and iron are not good things in a beer i.m.o….Are there some hops in this one, or just corn?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
gnoff (7664) - Mölndal, SWEDEN - JAN 24, 2014
Draught at Bar Louie, Palm Harbor/Clearwater, on January 21, 2014.
Clear copper color, white head. Sweet, malty taste. Malty aftertaste. To the high side CO2 fizzy mouthfeel, low bitterness. Sweet, malty scent.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Dogbrick (7584) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - SEP 17, 2003
This beer is apparently really big in PA/NJ but you don't really see it in my neck of the woods. Clear dark amber with a thin beige ehad that disappears quickly. Very thin lacing. Light hoppy aroma. Light-bodied and crisp with a mildly bitter hops flavor. The finish tells me that this is not a beer you should let sit for a long time before drinking. Overall I'd say "drinkable" about sums this beer up.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
kevnic2008 (7572) - Baden-Baden, GERMANY - OCT 20, 2013
Thanks for this bottle to teddybeer. Pours amber with a white head. Grainy taste and aroma. I enjoyed this one with some crisps and it worked well.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jercraigs (7456) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 8, 2008
Golden amber body with a good sized off white head that is actually kind of impressive. (3+) Rough grainy aroma hints at macro alcohol is off putting, with a light hint of sweet dried grass thats not unpleasant. Modest hoppy bitterness accents a sweet primary flavour profile. Sweet melange of muddled malts, grains and possible other fermentables? Average palate is more full than most pale lagers. I can’t say I enjoyed it, but it is inoffensive, and for a mainstream pale lager its surprisingly drinkable and has an inkling of real flavour to it. Handily exceeded my very low expectations. Can courtesy of Tupalev, shared with Mabel

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
chriso (7347) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 15, 2005
Bottled. As the beer choice was between this and Sam Adams Light at a reception I was invited to on my trip to the US, I thought I had better give the Yuengling a go. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised. It’s clean, with a touch of malt and a slightly sweet edge. A bit bland, but it is a pale lager. In fact, it’s quite reasonable for a pale lager.