overall

RATINGS: 2325   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

Willi9899's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Willi9899 (3) - USA - JAN 18, 2002
Great American Union-Made Beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Gespuccian (65) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 28, 2016
Pours an amber brown. Nose has some malt, some carmel. Taste follows suit. A slight bit of roast, some carmel. Smooth mouthfeel and slightly crisp finish. Drinkable, but not special.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
kwik-lime (1628) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 15, 2016
Oversized can from a pharmacy quite late at night when I was already quite drunk and decided I wanted another tick. Very malty, some caramel, quite a smooth palate. Boring but perfectly drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
caribou43 (373) - SWITZERLAND - APR 3, 2016
I bought this bottle at the Drink of the world in Zürich. I drank it in Lausanne. It is an average lager with a color a bit different than usual like an English ale. I think that it is a bit watery but there is a nice touch of malt and caramel, almost no hop, average to start a night.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
hauxe (265) - Butzbach, GERMANY - MAR 27, 2016
Rated from old notes. Malty and rough with a prickly fizziness. Grainy. Ok with food, but rather dull all in all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
asedzie (784) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAR 18, 2016
Can. Pours a nice darkish amber with slightly off-white tinged head. A bit of fruity caramel malt notes in the nose, some herbal-floral hop (extract-like) aroma. Flavor is a single lightly caramelized nutty barley note, with a mildly earth-like adjunct overtone - has pretty good substantial texture and mouthfeel for a economy grade lager. This is like the in-n-out of American lagers - I prefer my local handground, locally sourced gourmet burger, but I will always grab an in-n-out when on the coast where its sold. I would buy not infrequently if I lived in an area where this is sold.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ryecatcher (1237) - Bridgeport, Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 16, 2016
16oz Can. Picked these up in Cleveland last week and figured what the fuck, I’ll see what all the buzz is about (being admittedly skeptical). Dark amber pour, big rocky white head with exceptional retention and lace. Nose is standard cheap lager... malt, corn, grain. Mouth is light-medium bodied, tastes of corn and adjuncts... and an insider buddy of mine says he’s seen the caramel color they add to Yuengling, so that explains the hearty appearance which doesn’t show up in the mouth at all. Not bad for what it is (cheap, all-day long tailgate/BBQ barley soda), but I’d be just as happy drinking Budweiser or PBR (which are both available in the Chicago market)... and besides, with those brands you get 6 cans instead of 4 for the same price.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Werckmeister (1831) - Vienna, AUSTRIA - FEB 22, 2016
0,355l bottle at home shared by a friend, big thanks. No bb date. copper / redish light hazy color, small whtie head. smells of bread, light sweetness, bit cardboardish, peppery, light body, soft carbonation, watery mouthfeel. tastes rather watery, light spices, flowery, bit cardboardish, tobacco. finishes rather watery with notes tobacco and light fruity notes. quite tasteless, but also not sure how old the bottle is.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beermonger7 (1) - - FEB 21, 2016 does not count
I live in PA so Alcohol is expensive out here. If I have $10 and want a 12 pack, or if I only want to spend $3-$4 per beer when I go out; This is the beer I drink What I like to do is start with the $6 microbrew, then switch to this one. I also like to chug a Yuengling on a hot day after a long hike or some other physical exertion. Nobody should chug an expensive beer. BTW I have no clue what the aroma of Yuengling is, if I saw someone sniffing it I would laugh at them. Kind of silly in my opinion. I put a 5/10 it’s just my best guess. This beer is literally a 7/10. I think it used to be better 10 years ago when I started drinking, but maybe I killed my tastebuds or something.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
ARH (1093) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 20, 2016
12oz bottle, poured into a shaker. The aroma is mellow with notes of leather, molasses, and mild caramel. The beer pours an oily copper with a thin white film that only has light retention and lace. The taste is a medium light bittersweet. The texture is thin and oily with a light fizz and light body. The flavor is a muted bread and caramel mix with a finish of leather, roast and wood with a mild clean, bread aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
blueshockey24 (317) - Colorado, USA - FEB 12, 2016
Can. Pours Golden with off-white head that dissipates quickly. Aroma is sweet and malty. Taste is sweet and malty. Not much flavor.