overall

RATINGS: 2315   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
egajdzis (5780) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 21, 2003 Amber color with decent white head (larger than I was expecting). Malty, diactyl flavor, actually has more flavor than other beers at this price. Going to school in Philly, we lived off this stuff, now its a treat when a friend's got it for free.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 3, 2003
Okay stuff, only moderately better than macroswill. Very metallic (from the can?) and light; not much taste. Gets a little sweet after 3 or 4 12oz. though, but without that nasty macro aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
wildchefbill (245) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Pours amber with a nice white head. Mild aroma with a little skunkiness. OK Malt flavor with very little hops. Better than most macrobrews, but not real good.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 29, 2004
In the 22 oz. bomber bottle. The bottle caught my eye, so I thought "what the hell." To my disappointment, it was a twist cap and could not be put into homebrew service. However, that was not the only let down to this little Pennsylvania favorite. Pours a rich amber color, but virtually without carbonation! No head unless you hop into the glass and splash around a little with your swim fins. Smells like water. Doesnít taste much different than aqua vitae either. After having a Frankenheim lager earlier this evening, I must say that this lacks the same lager yeast flavor. However, the two lagers are equally wet. I think that I must be missing something here, as the ratebeerians seem to respect the Pride of Pottsville.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BrooklynWallis (14) - Cols., Ohio, USA - AUG 4, 2004
Not nearly as good as I expected. Tastes kinda flat, and doesnít have the "bite" I would have expected. A bit of a dissappointment.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jon112981 (327) - Bristow, Virginia, USA - DEC 30, 2004
Not a bad beer at all. Itís too pale in a glass for me but I wouldnít recomend it in a glass. Itís a great session beer. Little head, bubbly. It has a stronger flavor than your basic macro-brew and excellent for the price.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
flynnguy (14) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2005
Bland and overcarbonated. Going to school at Drexel University, this was a "quality" beer at the parties. I would certainly choose it over most of the stuff that they usually served but I donít think Iíd actually buy this beer. I think itís a little too orange for a pale lager and it canít be because of the flavor. Itís drinkable but thatís about all I can say for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
gerbache (8) - Oakland, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005 does not count
Seemed really bland and tasteless. Itís drinkable, but not particularly memorable. I suppose itís good for quenching the thirst, but I donít think Iíd buy this myself.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
bourne (161) - Suwon, SOUTH KOREA - MAR 23, 2005
Deep brown in color with thick white head that lasts a while. stong taste and hoppy armoma when compared with bud and the like. Nothing special but not too much wrong with it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 12/20
cazort (556) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 30, 2005
This one is a lot softer than the "regular Yuengling" a.k.a. "Premium Beer". Extremely soft, mild taste. Very grainy flavour. Hint of hops, but very little bitterness, no bite. Extremely smooth, almost sweet. I would not say watery, nor bland, but this one is way too smooth for me.