overall

RATINGS: 2153   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
aledrinkerLS (101) - New Brunswick, USA - FEB 25, 2001
VERY overrated beer. Mainly for people who think they look chic or sophisticated by drinking it but in reality know nothing about good beer. I am from PA, and have no idea why this nonsense has such a cult following.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
JMerritt (1745) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2003
Had on tap at Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney. A quite bland lager, ripe with all the worst features of American macros: light color, artificial head, corn aroma, bland flavor. (But man, the food at this restaurant was most excellent!)

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 7, 2003
Light clear orange, small white head. Light stale hops aroma, has some beer taste, but not much. Way ahead of a typical budmillercoors product.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
drinkinfla (21) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2004
I hate lagers. I repeat - I hate lagers. That being said, I do like Yuengling for what it is. It's a decent, inexpensive, every-day kind of beer. Overall, it's not my style (I prefer ales), so it's a little crisp for my taste. However, so far it's my favorite of the lagers. Pours a moderate amber color, with some head; doesn't last long though. Aroma's not great, in fact it's pretty funky; mild corn and alcohol; unexpected from an amber beer. Taste is light (again unexpected from an amber) and a little hoppy. Lacing? Fuggetaboutit. It does get a bit sticky in the mouth once you've had a couple. Still a good one to keep in the fridge on a regular basis, although not something with which to treat yourself.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
envane (567) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 28, 2004
Slighly better than the average american lager, it still looks better than it tastes. It has a bigger body and maltier taste than most of its ilk. Now if it only had some hops..

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
freekyp (1462) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - JAN 15, 2007
Clear light amber with a medium sized beige head that quickly recedes to nothing. Strange aroma that is malty but sour at the same time. Flavor is light and unobtrusive with little hop character. A medium mouthfeel makes it feel like a decent beer, but something in the flavor is just plain off (corn?)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
jefcon (1325) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - APR 17, 2007
Reddish in the glass with an initial burst of head that almost completely subsides. Aromas of dry toast, a bit of lemon. Thin on the tongue. Slight finish. Grainy, rough malt.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
FarFromHome (85) - Philadelphia, Alabama, USA - JAN 9, 2008
The traditional beer of my hometown. Bottles alright, tap better. I must have put my barkeep’s kids through college drinking this. Better than all other lagers I’ve had (not that I’ve had many.) For some reason, reminds me of autumn. Tastes vaguely of acorns and autumn leaves. Excels with food; a good beer, but doesn’t step on the chow’s toes.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
HammerheadPDX99 (6) - USA - DEC 24, 2001 does not count
On a recent trip back east I tried to find a Micro Brew.. In S.Haven this is the closest I was able to find. I’d almost rather drink Budweiser than this stuff. It is an old brewery and I respect that... I wouldn’t try it again...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Drinkingdan (371) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2002
Very plain and smells a little funny. Also gives me an upset stomach.