overall

RATINGS: 2182   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
patrickfannon (1236) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 6, 2009
Draft. Pours clear, light gold with a a thin, quickly dissapating head. Aroma of wheat, malt, and hops. Light body with a light finish. Not nearly as good as I remember from my high school days.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
weitz15 (379) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 3, 2010
Nothing special here. This lager had been hyped up quite a bit, but once I tried it, I was reminded that this is just another pale lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
LetsGoState (580) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 18, 2010
UPDATED: APR 12, 2012 One of my favorites. Good middle of the road beer in all respects. Definitely recommend.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ajd11 (16) - , Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 7, 2010
I had to rate this beer. Awesome beer for people who are just starting off with beer. This was the Macrobrew that begin to convert my taste buds. This is also my go-to budget beer. I wish it still taste as good as I once thought it was!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Gustav1996 (333) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - MAR 18, 2010
This beer has all the elements you would expect from a pale lager. With that said, I think it is a better alternative to Coors, Miller, Bud etc. as it has some character. However, at the end of the day it is a pale lager... don’t expect much.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
gormanb (173) - Bowling Green, Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2010
smells clean, light straw. Has a nice color, amber. pours with little head. light and clean with the crispness of a well made lager. Taste is sour at the tip of the tongue, but it combines nicely with the carbonation. After this a strong apple flavor rounds out the taste and ends with a subtle sweet roasty malt flavor. A classic beer that is great for session drinking. Destroys all other macro lagers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
TomTron (365) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - SEP 28, 2011
The oldest brewery in America apparently. Doesn’t have much of a smell, other than yeast. I would agree with the label more so than ratebeer’s categorization that this is an amber lager, not pale, but it is similar in that it tastes better if it’s really cold. I would rather drink this than most every macro-swill that is out there, but it is still not that great. I could consider this somewhat of a gateway beer to ween people off all the macro piss water, but it’s more like that beer people think is that " fancier beer I drink instead of choosing a bud or coors, just because".

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
NordicV (1095) - Malmö, Sweden, SWEDEN - FEB 6, 2012
Ser bättre ut än den smakade. Bärnstensfärgad med vitt lätt skum. Doftar lite sött maltigt men saknar nästan helt bitterhet.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
sawbuck (290) - Round Lake, Illinois, USA - APR 27, 2012
Don’T believe the hype. Had this beer in another state since it’s not available in mine. Pale taste with a lingering aftertaste that is not pleasant. Tastes like Michelob amberbock mixed with rolling rock....cheap though....afraid to try the black and tan.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Hops4MyHips (10) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Will I ever find a lager I kinda like? I mean, when I’m at a bar, playing pool, this is the best by far of some options that make me give the spontaneous "stink-face". Best part of this beer is its appearance. Honestly, it’s the color of a bud bottle with a mild ruddy hue. Little, but lingering head. Not off putting wheaty/caramely but typical sour wift on the backside. We just go further downhill when we get to flavor. Tolerable, when you’re in an environment that requires beer. Sweet malt, then sour-ick. Oh brother. I’m tired of writing about this beverage. Basically, the least of all evils at this bar.