overall

RATINGS: 2228   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
aledrinkerLS (101) - New Brunswick, USA - FEB 25, 2001
VERY overrated beer. Mainly for people who think they look chic or sophisticated by drinking it but in reality know nothing about good beer. I am from PA, and have no idea why this nonsense has such a cult following.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
JMerritt (1842) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAY 29, 2003
Had on tap at Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney. A quite bland lager, ripe with all the worst features of American macros: light color, artificial head, corn aroma, bland flavor. (But man, the food at this restaurant was most excellent!)

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 7, 2003
Light clear orange, small white head. Light stale hops aroma, has some beer taste, but not much. Way ahead of a typical budmillercoors product.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
drinkinfla (21) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2004
I hate lagers. I repeat - I hate lagers. That being said, I do like Yuengling for what it is. It's a decent, inexpensive, every-day kind of beer. Overall, it's not my style (I prefer ales), so it's a little crisp for my taste. However, so far it's my favorite of the lagers. Pours a moderate amber color, with some head; doesn't last long though. Aroma's not great, in fact it's pretty funky; mild corn and alcohol; unexpected from an amber beer. Taste is light (again unexpected from an amber) and a little hoppy. Lacing? Fuggetaboutit. It does get a bit sticky in the mouth once you've had a couple. Still a good one to keep in the fridge on a regular basis, although not something with which to treat yourself.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
envane (567) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 28, 2004
Slighly better than the average american lager, it still looks better than it tastes. It has a bigger body and maltier taste than most of its ilk. Now if it only had some hops..

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
HammerheadPDX99 (6) - USA - DEC 24, 2001 does not count
On a recent trip back east I tried to find a Micro Brew.. In S.Haven this is the closest I was able to find. I’d almost rather drink Budweiser than this stuff. It is an old brewery and I respect that... I wouldn’t try it again...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2002
Very plain and smells a little funny. Also gives me an upset stomach.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jjohn (4) - Devon, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 26, 2003 does not count
This beer is heavy on the corn--you can literally smell the corn if you hold the beer up to your nose. Its not a bad beer, but I'd rather have a Coors Original if I am going to drink in this price range. Yuengling's best beer is their Porter, then probably the Chestefiled Ale.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
MaBeer1972 (1368) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Don't let the amber color fool you. There's not much else going for this brew. Mild yes. Decent, not really.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - FEB 15, 2005
yuck. this smelled awful. Tasted bad. Was kind of amber but not , I feel this is a bad sample, sorry rich