overall

RATINGS: 305   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.45   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A full-bodied, smooth beer with an exceptionally clean finish.
American Style Bock Beer that is ONLY available in Texas!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - JUL 15, 2002
This is what all the local fratboys here at UT drink when they want to ígo all outí on the keg. Anheuser is obviously trying to corral all of the Texans who strayed from their other crappy beers to drink Shiner. Pretty mild for an amber, little hoppiness. If I wasnt so bitter that Anheuser made it, I would like it more, but not that bad of a beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 1, 2002
Your basic amber lager. Reminded me a lot of a Killians. Enjoyed this one while eating one of the best steaks Iíve ever eatin, at the tackiest restaurant Iíve ever been to. If you ever get a chance to go to the Big Texan in Amarillo Texas, I encourage you to go. Itís good for a few laughs and the steaks are awesome.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 28, 2002
This beer is indeed Anheuserís answer to Shiner Bock and tastes pretty much like Shiner, except the Ziegen is considerably fizzier, which is a bad thing to me. Decent and Iím surprised A-B was able to pull this off.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Nate (3636) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2002
Darker beer, like a Penn Pils, but this was very dissapointing for a bock beer. Enjoyed it at the GermanFest in Muenster, TX last weekend. Glad I tried it but donít recommend to bock fans.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
vacek (67) - College Station, Texas, USA - APR 18, 2002
Tastes like Shiner, but copying is better than sucking.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
AustinGuitar (14) - Austin, Texas, USA - APR 5, 2002
Very good. Lager-smooth with the flavor of a bock. I would not call this beer full-bodied or írich,í look for a darker beer for that. This beer delivers what you would expect of an amber beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
budguy2142 (24) - USA - JAN 31, 2002
Nearly impossible to get unless you are in TX or work for AB. I was able to score a case of this and I was not at all disappointed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
GiddyBoy (117) - USA - JAN 27, 2002
(bottle) I think this is a TX only beer from what I have heard. It was OK, with a slight bite. To me it was almost a twin of Shiner, to which I am not fond of. Every once in awhile though, it was a touch better than Shiner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 25, 2001
Iím a die-hard Shiner fan, but this is a pretty good beer. I little milder than I had expected. Goes down smooth. Nice dark amber color with good head and mild lacing. I still prefer Shiner.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
BockMan99 (20) - lawrence, Kansas, USA - NOV 21, 2001
Best beer Anheuser makes hands down!!