RATINGS: 321   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.44   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A full-bodied, smooth beer with an exceptionally clean finish.
American Style Bock Beer that is ONLY available in Texas!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
hoorayforbeer (105) - Denton, Texas, USA - OCT 25, 2002
Indistinguishable from Shiner. Both characterized by the same lack of taste and general averageness. A decent beer if money’s short though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - OCT 8, 2002
Better than Shiner, and a little cheaper too. Great for everyday drinking when you don’t want the unique, expensive stuff.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rlhubley99 (36) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 18, 2002
I prefer this one to Shiner Bock. This is my Budweiser, by that I mean that when I am too broke to explore or buy better beers, this one still does the trick. Always easy to find on special when forced to go to 6th st.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
CaptainCougar (7133) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - SEP 4, 2002
For something made by Anheuser-Busch, this isn’t that bad. Deep copper color, but has the same pale white artificially carbonated head that every other macrobrew has. Has a very faint hint of sweetness, but can’t compare to most bocks.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - JUL 26, 2002
Michelob Amber Bock with a different label to make Texans think they’re buying something exclusive to Texas. no better than Shiner. I gave this a low score for two reasons: it sucks AND it pisses me off. Hardly a bock, watery. This is nothing but deception.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 24, 2002
Definitly a shiner copycat, with the ram and everything. Pretty sweet that A-B would make a brew specific to one state though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Andrew196 (1133) - Katy, Texas, USA - JUL 15, 2002
This is what all the local fratboys here at UT drink when they want to ’go all out’ on the keg. Anheuser is obviously trying to corral all of the Texans who strayed from their other crappy beers to drink Shiner. Pretty mild for an amber, little hoppiness. If I wasnt so bitter that Anheuser made it, I would like it more, but not that bad of a beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 1, 2002
Your basic amber lager. Reminded me a lot of a Killians. Enjoyed this one while eating one of the best steaks I’ve ever eatin, at the tackiest restaurant I’ve ever been to. If you ever get a chance to go to the Big Texan in Amarillo Texas, I encourage you to go. It’s good for a few laughs and the steaks are awesome.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 28, 2002
This beer is indeed Anheuser’s answer to Shiner Bock and tastes pretty much like Shiner, except the Ziegen is considerably fizzier, which is a bad thing to me. Decent and I’m surprised A-B was able to pull this off.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Nate (3827) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2002
Darker beer, like a Penn Pils, but this was very dissapointing for a bock beer. Enjoyed it at the GermanFest in Muenster, TX last weekend. Glad I tried it but don’t recommend to bock fans.